You can easily use KML files with WP Google Maps Pro:
- Upload your KML files to a location on a live webserver.
- KML files will not work with a local server such as LAMP/WAMP/MAMP.
- Log into your webserver using FTP or SSH.
- Upload the file to a location under the public HTML area of your web server.
- On Linux/Apache installations, this will normally be called public_html.
For this tutorial, we created a folder called KML in the wp-content folder.
Once you’ve uploaded your KML file, go to WordPress Dashboard → Maps.
Select the Map you want to use with your KML file from the list.
Click the Edit link under the Map’s title.
On the Create Your Map admin page:
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Scroll down until you see the KML/GeoRSS URL setting.
- Type the full URL to your KML file.
- Scroll down and click the Save Map button.
Was this article helpful to you?