Zoom out (back to previous) on close infowindow

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Zoom out (back to previous) on close infowindow

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Matthew.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bennyuk
    Participant

Hi

Using Pro 8.1.10

Is there a way to change the zoom back to previous state on closing an infowindow?

I’ve looked at this but I can’t get it working

v8: Zoom on marker click, zoom out on infowindow close.

https://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/v8-zoom-on-marker-click-zoom-out-on-infowindow-close/

(I don’t think the if statement is running on this script which means the marker isn’t getting the click event assigned to it)

Many thanks for any help.
    Ben

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by bennyuk. Reason: link doesnt seem to be working
    Matthew

Hi Ben,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

Yes, this is possible by using some Custom JS code which can be entered into the “Custom JS” setting block found in settings (Maps -> Settings -> Advanced Settings).

Each site’s conditions may be different which may be the cause of the respective JavaScript code not working on your site, thus please could I kindly ask if you may provide me with a link to the map on your site as this will allow me to write the respective JavaScript code for you?

Should you not want to share your site on this public forum, you may send the link to “[email protected]” with reference to this forum thread.

I look forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further.

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

serenebabe

Hello! I am currently trying some different things on a staging site so we can re-introduce the map on our site https://lutheransrestoringcreation.org/map-of-lrc-care-for-creation-ministries/

On the staging site, I reset everything to the default settings. I don’t have any javascript in the real/live site. I am trying to fix the problem that we don’t have on the real/live site. On the staging site https://staging21.lutheransrestoringcreation.org/map-of-lrc-care-for-creation-ministries/ if I click on an icon, the whole thing zooms way out so the USA is tiny. Since I’m playing with settings there that I hope to bring back to the real/live site, I’m hoping to get some js to fix this zoom problem.

Fwiw I am self-taught and am totally unfamiliar with javascript. I did try copy-pasting some that I found elsewhere in the forums but instead of zooming back to where we were when I clicked on the icon, I ended up in Africa and then when i tried again, I was in China. (Even after changing the long/lat numbers.) So I definitely need hand holding here! 🙂

Matthew

Hi @serenebabe,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this, we do appreciate your time.

Please may you disable the “Zoom on marker click” setting or adjust the zoom level for this setting (Maps -> Edit -> Advanced Settings) as this is the cause of the map changing its zoom when clicked.

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.