- This topic has 23 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 3 months ago by Matthew.
June 1, 2021 at 5:55 pm #69231sawmriMember
Hi, Matthew, and thank you again. I appreciate the extra effort.
Here is our current status:
1. On iOS, the maps show up, the original missing images show up, the menus works again, and so the primary issues are resolved.
2. I used to have a list under the map. That isn’t appearing. Before I mess with settings, I will wait for your input.
3. When I tap on a marker, it used to zoom in and center. It does not at present. Again, I wait for your input before messing with settings or adding JS code.
4. In portrait on iOS, the map covers the markers, but the margins are large so that the entire US and lots of surrounding oceans are visible. I don’t know if this can be adjusted in settings.
Thank you, I hope these remaining issues are simpler to address!
ScottJune 1, 2021 at 6:16 pm #69232sawmriMember
Thank you very much. Here is the current status:
1. The issues with missing images and menu not working on iOS have resolved. Thank you!
2. I had to set Zoom on marker click, and Zoom level under the ‘Advanced’ tab to get back that functionality.
3. I had to set ‘Basic List’ under Marker Listing tab to get back the functionality of the list under the map.
4. Now I can zoom in when clicked, but I don’t know if there is a restore function, to get the map to zoom back to original size.
5. On iOS, in portrait mode, the map covers all the markers, but is too far zoomed out. It shows all of the US and a large part of all oceans. Is there a way to adjust this just for mobile?
6. On iOS, landscape mode (iPhone 12), the filter button is below the map and overlaps with the list. Can I adjust this?
Thank you again,
ScottJune 1, 2021 at 6:17 pm #69233sawmriMember
Sorry for the overlapping posts above; please ignore the first, as I made some changes that resolved some of the items.
June 1, 2021 at 6:25 pm #69235sawmriMember
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by sawmri.
One thing I have found: When the page first loads on desktop (and landscape mode on iPhone 12), the Filter button is under the map, and the list under the button. Then the content adjusts, and the list moves up so that it overlaps with the Filter button. I hope that is helpful.June 1, 2021 at 7:49 pm #69237sawmriMember
I figured out how to get the original zoom in portrait mode to fit better, so issue 5 is resolved.
I could still use a method to restore the original zoom after clicking on a marker, if possible.
It would be good to get rid of the overlap between the filter button and the top entry on the list. On desktop, both the button and list are under the map, which is where the overlap occurs. On mobile, the filter button is above the map, which avoids the overlap.
Thank youJune 2, 2021 at 10:56 am #69254MatthewModerator
Thank you for your continued time and patience on this, I really appreciate it!
I am most happy to hear that the missing images and menu issues have been resolved as well as that you have managed to find the respective settings for your other questions.
Restore Zoom functionality
I have evaluated your needs regarding this, thus I have implemented some custom JS code to place a button on your map that allows a user to click the button to restore the zoom level and close the marker infowindow.
Filter overlapping the marker listing
I have run a few tests regarding this issue and it appears that there was some custom CSS implemented on your site that was causing this issue. I have thus removed the respective custom CSS and the issue appears to be resolved on my end.
Please may you clear your browser cache and confirm if you are happy with both changes mentioned above?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
MatthewJune 2, 2021 at 8:46 pm #69280sawmriMember
Thank you, Matthew, I greatly appreciate the excellent technical support.
The ‘Restore Zoom’ button works great. Easy to use, and zooms the map to include all markers, on iOS and MacOS.
However, if I filter the map, the ‘Restore Zoom’ only zooms to include the filtered markers. I might be asking a lot, but is it possible to zoom back out and remove the filter?
The filter button is now above the map on all devices, so you have resolved the overlap with the list. Great!
One last question-did you remove custom CSS from the plugin, or from the site? If from the site, are you able to let me know what that custom CSS was?
Again, I cannot say enough excellent words about your great work and support!June 3, 2021 at 4:19 pm #69288MatthewModerator
Thank you for your response and continued time on this, I really appreciate it.
I am most happy to hear that you are happy with the “Restore Zoom” button as well as the filter button issue being resolved, it has been my pleasure assisting you with this.
Unfortunately, it is currently not a viable option to remove the filters on the “Restore Zoom” button, however, we may look into this in the future.
With regards to the custom CSS code that I had removed, the code that I had removed was implemented in the “Custom CSS” setting in WP Google Maps. Should you like, this setting can be found by navigating through to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced Settings.
I hope this answers your questions?
MatthewJune 3, 2021 at 4:24 pm #69289sawmriMember
Thanks, Matthew. I’m very pleased with your superb support. I put in a nice review, and am happy to see so many other great reviews.
Cheers!June 3, 2021 at 4:38 pm #69292MatthewModerator
I am most happy to hear that and I would just like to thank you so so much for the amazing review, it really means a lot to me!
Please could I kindly ask if it is possible if you may mention my name (Matthew) in the review for administrative purposes as this would be a tremendous help?
Have a great day further!
MatthewJune 3, 2021 at 9:15 pm #69298sawmriMember
One new issue-I cannot change the length of the marker listing, using the Basic list. Am I missing something in the settings?
Thank youJune 4, 2021 at 7:11 am #69299MatthewModerator
My apologies for that, you may change the number of default marker listing items in the Global settings area. The steps to do this is as follows:
1. Navigate to Maps -> Settings.
2. Click on the “Marker Listing” tab.
3. Find the “Show X items by default” setting and select an option.
4. Scroll down and click the “Save Settings” button.
Once this is done, the marker listing will only display x number of marker items per marker listing page.
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to use a value outside of the options given, however, we will look to improve this in a future major version.
I hope this helps?
MatthewJune 4, 2021 at 5:31 pm #69303sawmriMember
Thank you. I was looking at settings on individual maps.
In the future, maybe it would be helpful to have the option on each map.
I thank you again for your time and effort!June 7, 2021 at 9:06 am #69318MatthewModerator
Thank you for your response and suggestion, we really appreciate it and may look into this for a future major version.
Have a great day and week further!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.