Your marker is pending approval message

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Troubleshooting Your marker is pending approval message

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I have VGM set to automatic approval yet after adding a new marker I receive the message Your marker is pending approval. Clearly that message is displayed in error! How can I eliminate the message? This is a bug in the VGM plugin.

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your time.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm what versions of WP Google Maps, WP Google Maps Pro, and the VGM addon you currently have installed?

Additionally, could I kindly ask you to provide us with a link to your website so we may attempt to take a closer look at our end?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

[email protected]
    Participant

I just purchased your plugins. I have the latest version of all 3!

Here is a link – https://bclocalfood.org/sos-seed-library-locations/

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I have taken a closer look at adding a marker to your map using the VGM form, however, when adding a marker this does appear to be working without any errors been show. You can kindly see this in the attached gif vie the below drive link:
    – https://drive.google.com/file/d/12tVCY05NsDYhZs1yElJArnPpHoswKBC_/view?usp=sharing

If you could kindly provide us with some more information such as screenshots as to where you are receiving the error?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

[email protected]
    Participant

So I tried again and now receive the Marker successfully submitted message. How long does it take for the new marker to appear on the map? How can I change the text of the message? Why is there a delay between “submitting” the marker and having it appear on the map?

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Depending on what options you have enabled, the marker will be added right after the submit button has been clicked and on age load, as you can see examples on our demo map here:
    – https://www.wpgmaps.com/demo/visitor-generated-markers/

If you have the option to first approve the marker before being shown on the front end, this new marker will then after being submitted, will display in the backend of your map editor in the listing. You will then need to locate this marker, and set the option “Show on Frontend” to yes in order to display this marker.

If you are experiencing any delay between the marker displaying on the map after having clicked the submit button, based on what you have mentioned and us adding a marker from our end, leads us to believe that you have there may be caching involved via your site or browser. Caching stores a “cached” version of your map page and data, which are usually cleared automatically by your plugin every so often.

To determine what changes were made immediately, however, you will need to clear any cache so that your page does not load a chaced version.

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.