'You have exceeded your request quota for this API'

New home Forums Basic Version 'You have exceeded your request quota for this API'

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mahmoud 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

robmelisi

Hi,

Im wondering if i can get some help. Since the new payment process with google maps nothing works.

See attached for error message. I have tried everything:

– all billing set up correctly
    – API key checked multiple times
    – Contacted google directly they have confirmed the API is being called properly
    – Quotas are all set high on google console

I’m running out of things to check! Please see attached screenshot for the error message.

Really need to get this working and then sort out the premium version. But can’t do so until i know it will work again.

Thanks in advance hope to hear from you soon.

Perry

Hi Rob

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you are experiencing API issues.

I’m afraid your attachment didn’t come through, could you please upload that to a file or image sharing service and send us the link?

Assuming everything is correctly set up, it sounds like you might have 3rd party software on the page loading a different key. Can you please try “Prevent other plugins and theme from loading Maps API” in Maps -> Settings?

Kind regards
    – Perry

MaikeJansen
    This reply has been marked as private.

Perry

Hi Maike

We author a free plugin, which offers you a choice of Google Maps and OpenLayers.

We also offer a professional add-on, which we charge for, that allows you to use either Google Maps or OpenLayers. We charge a one off fee for this presently.

Google themselves now charge for use of their mapping API, as of June last year.

This is Google’s policy decision and as such, this is completely out of our control.

We still offer a free plugin, but if you wish to use our plugin with Google Maps, you need to set up billing in your Google API console.

Google offer a substantial amount of free courtesy usage each month, which should be more than enough for most use cases. However they do stipulate that you must set in billing information, even if no money changes hands so to speak.

Alternatively, you can use OpenLayers, which is completely free.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

mahmoud

Perry

Hi Mahmoud

How may we help you?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.