WP maps basic plugin not visible after update

New home Forums Basic Version Troubleshooting WP maps basic plugin not visible after update

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by Matthew.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wyrzykus

Good evening,
    Can I ask for your help, today after a usual update of the basic WP Maps plugin some kind of error occured. The basic plugin is no longer visible in dashboard, I also cannot install it again with “Installation unsuccessfull: Destination folder already exists.” notification. I also use Pro and VGM plugins, but those were not updated today and does not work without the basic, primary WP Maps plugin.
    Please try to check what is the reason behind and let me know, the whole site is currently not working because of it.

Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, my apologies for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

This issue can be a result of the server timing out during the update installation which could cause some of the files to go missing.

The message stating the ‘folder already exists’ is caused by a partial installation/update. This is to say that when attempting to update WP Google Maps, the base folder was recreated in the plugins directory, however, not all files were correctly installed/updated.

This can be resolved by deleting the ‘wp-google-maps’ folder from the plugins directory via FTP.

Could I ask you to request that you access the site via FTP -> Navigate to wp-content/plugins -> Locate the folder named ‘wp-google-maps’ -> And delete it.

Once removed, it should be possible to install the plugin normally once again.

Alternatively, we would also be more than happy to handle this for you on your behalf?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards
    Matthew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.