wp-google-maps-pro shows up in a malware scan

New home Forums Basic Version wp-google-maps-pro shows up in a malware scan

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Dylan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    OSD
    Participant

Hi,

I have your wp-google-maps-pro installed on a wordpress website and my host is reporting a Malware result for the docstrap.lib.js file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-pro/docs/js/scripts/docstrap.lib.js), the plugin is up to date so there isn’t anything i can do. Can you confirm your plugin has a Malware vulnerability and if so when will the update be available?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch and my apologies for the trouble experienced.

We are not aware of any malware within the plugin files, although we do appreciate you getting in touch and reporting this to us. We do take these reports very seriously.

We are currently looking into the potential issue found within the docstrap.lib.js file at the moment and I will get back to you as soon as we have more information in this regard.

Once we have more information, we will release a patch for the issue as promptly as possible.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for your continued time with regard to this issue.

We have looked into this issue further and we have found that this is due to the developer /docs directory being shipped with the Pro add-on.

These files are not accessible to the end-user or via the WordPress admin area. It will be fully removed from the production version in our next update.

In the meantime, you are welcome to delete the /docs directory found at: plugins/wp-google-maps-pro/docs/

Your host may be able to assist with this, or alternatively, please contact us via our support page and I will assist you with the necessary steps to remove the folder.

Thank you again for taking the time to report this issue to us.

OSD
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for that, removing the docs folder worked, a second scan has now show everything to be clean again.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming that this resolves the issue. We will have this resolved in our next update more permanently.

Please do let me know if I can assist with anything else in the future. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.