WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on update to 6.10

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on update to 6.10

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dfhemenway

I saw this update alert in my dashboard today and proceeded with the update. Unfortunately, it seems to have caused a malfunction in another plug-in: “Business Directory Plugin – Google Maps Module.”

Once the update was installed, the maps stopped displaying in my directory. Once I disabled your Pro Add-on, they display again ok.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Generally using multiple Google Mapping solution on a site can lead to some conflicts. Most commonly we see the Google Maps API loading multiple time on a site. This is due to the way the Google Maps API is developed, in that it cannot have more than 1 reference to the library in the same page.

Could I ask you to send me a link to the page where the map is not displaying? This will allow me to confirm what is causing this conflict.

I will then be able to provide you with the best solution. ๐Ÿ™‚

dfhemenway

Thanks for getting back to me.

I now cannot send you such a link because when I went into my site just now and re-activated your plug-in the problem didn’t occur. I don’t know why, but such is life. I’ll just keep an eye on things.

Dylan

Hi there,

Not a problem at all, I completely understand.

Please do let me know if you need further assistance with this in future. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day!

dfhemenway

Hi,

I noticed the problem again last night after re-activating the WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on. So, I turned it off. Just now, I tried turning it on again, and once again maps disappear from other pages. I have it turned off again, but one such page where this occurs is: https://southernmdfd.com/food-drink-directory/wpbdp_category/b-b/.

Don

Dylan

Hi Don,

Thank you so much for the follow up. ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a look at the page you sent through and it appears the map on this page is from another plugin. This means the additional plugin is most likely loading a version of the Google Maps API as well on your site.

This would mean that when our map loads, the Google Maps API is loaded more than once, which causes conflicts on the page. This is most likely the reason some maps are not displaying as intended.

Could I ask where on your site you are displaying the WP Google Map? This may allow me to find a solution to the issue a lot faster for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

dfhemenway

One of your maps displays here:

Marylandโ€™s state dessert

Dylan

Hi again,

Thank you for the link, this was a great help.

Could I ask that you enable the Pro add-on on your site so that I can see the issue as it occurs?

Thank you for your time.

dfhemenway

I have just re-activated it. Since it is after midnight here on the east coast in North America, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem overnight. I will turn it off again in the morning unless you come up,with a solution.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

I had a look and I believe I have identified the cause of the issue. I can confirm that this is due to the Multiple Google Maps API error being thrown due to the fact that these two plugins are conflicting with each-other.

Could I ask if you would perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account on your site for me? This would allow me to implement a solution for you.

If so, please send the login credentials through as a Private Reply.

dfhemenway
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dylan

Hi Don,

I have logged in to your site and made some changes which should allow these plugins to work together.

Please have a look and confirm?

๐Ÿ™‚

dfhemenway

Both sets of maps are working fine now with your Pro Add-on activated.

Many thanks for your help.

Andrew

Glad to hear everything is working Don.

Please do not hesitate to open a new support thread should you require any further assistance ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day further.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Dylan.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.