When creating the map points, categories appear twice.

New home Forums Gold Add-on When creating the map points, categories appear twice.

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carina
    Participant

Hey there,

for my website http://www.theurbankids.com we use the WP Google Maps Plugin.
    Since the update a few months ago, the categories are shown twice when creating new map points. How can this be fixed?

Thanks,
    Carina

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Steven

Hi Carina,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Just to confirm, when creating a map marker, does this add a new category?

Please also confirm what versions of WP Google Maps and WP Google Maps Pro you currently have installed?

I look forward to hearing back from you and getting this issue resolved.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Carina
    Participant

Dear Steven,

thanks for getting back so quickly.

When creating a new marker it does not automatically create a new category. Each marker is related to a category but when we updated the WP Plugin to the latest Version there are all categories twice.

This is the versions we use:
    WP Google Maps –> Version 8.1.15
    WP Google Maps – Gold Add-on –> Version 5.1.8
    WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on –> Version 8.1.14

Let me know what we can do to fix this bug.

All the best,

Carina

Steven

Hi Carina,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I am not quite sure what will have caused the categories to have duplicated during your update, however, if you are open to it, I would be happy to log in for you and clear these duplicated categories, and ensuring the originals are not affected?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Steven
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Carina
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Carina
    Participant

Hi Steven,
    could you already solve the problems?

Best regards,
    Carina

Steven

Hi Carina,

Thank you so much for getting back to me and my sincerest apologies for the delay.

What seems to have occurred is that the categories aren’t duplicated, however, instead these were previously created categories which were most likely deleted in the past.

Something must have occurred which brought these previously created categories back which made it seem as though there were duplicates.

I have kindly removed these categories which should leave only the correct categories.

One thing to note, however, is that there are two categories “Hotel” and “Hotels” which are technically different, however, the one does seem like it perhaps belongs to that above mentioned older group of categories?

If this is the case, you should simply need delete this category from the category section.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Carina
    Participant

perfect! Thank you so much Steven!

Could you also fix the problem for the map in a blogpost? The picture of the pin is so big that the address and the button “get directions” won’t appear. (for example: https://www.theurbankids.com/muenchen-eat-and-drink-zuckertag/).

Best regards,
    Carina

Steven

Hi Carina,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Just to clarify, when a larger image is uploaded, the info window will automatically adjust the info window to scroll, so you should be able to scroll down in the info window to get to the additional information.

With that said, you can also limit the image size if this is something you are wanting to do?

If so, Please navigate to -> Maps -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Please copy the below custom CSS:

.wpgmza_infowindow_image {
    max-height: 150px;
    max-width: 150px;
    }

Once copied, please paste this in the custom CSS field and save the settings.

I am providing you with this CSS so that if you do choose to perhaps play around with the image size, you can adjust the height and width values in the css to achieve the desired size.

Kindly let me know if this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.