What determines which info window is open

New home Forums Pro Add-on What determines which info window is open

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mitchcan

What determines which info window is auto opened upon the search for an address?

I had hoped it would be the marker that was *closest* to the searched address, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Is there a way to change that functionality, either a) to make the closest POI marker auto open, or b) to have all the info windows within the radius circle auto open?

Thanks!

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi there.

The info window won’t open. When searching, a marker will be placed in the position searched, with a radius set around it, showing any other markers that are in that region. You can then click or hover to open them.

I will look into seeing how we can make the closest marker auto-open for you, yes 🙂

I will send you my feedback via email for that.

mitchcan

Thanks for your reply. In thinking more on this, we will likely have times where the closest info window will not actually be the one we want to have auto open. Weird, I know. 🙂

In a *perfect* world the info window that would auto open would be the one that is in the same polygon as the searched address. I understand if that is not possible.

Barring that, I guess having *no* windows auto open (even if they are in the ‘radius’) would be an option. Then we’d just let the user click on the POI marker that we placed in the same polygon be the one that they click.

Your thoughts?

mitchcan

I think one of the markers was not saving changes (including to ‘not open’) because of a js conflict. That is what was making one of the windows still auto open, even if it was not related to the search. I resolved that and can now set it to be no windows auto open. Good start.

Also changed ‘selected’ radius in code to default ‘force’ open ‘nearby’ info window(s) (based on a guesstimated new ‘selected’ distance that would work with any of the markers — although several windows often end up auto opening).

Having mostly resolved auto open/no open window confusion, back to the ‘perfect world’ request… would it be possible to have the ability of the info window of the marker that is in the *same polygon* as the searched address be the one that auto opens.

Thanks.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Mitch

Sorry for only getting back to you now.

Just to confirm, is everything now working as it should on your side?

I believe the ‘perfect world’ request would be quite a challenge to accomplish to be honest. I will look into this for you, but choosing the Polygon’s infowindow to open up might be a bit easier 🙂

mitchcan

No worries, thanks for the followup. Well, the ability to save marker info is fine, plugin conflict now resolved.

But I looked all over and didn’t see the way to add a bunch of info to a *Polygon* infowindow. Do you have a link to docs on that?

If we can make it where the Polygon infowindow can contain the info I need and a link, I think that would suffice, but I can’t get it to do so. (I could reduce the radius on the address search to like .25 mi so the radius overlay did not preclude the click on the polygon from opening an infowindow).

But there is very limited title info space in the polygon set up, no detailed description field, and whenever I add a link, it fails to work.

I have deactivated all other plugins and tried on a standard theme, to no avail.

Guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

mitchcan

Hold the Presses. At my wits end on this, I finally deactivated both plugins, reactivated Basic, then reactivated Pro, and voila… Too simple. Lots of stuff works again. Not sure why, but I’ll take it. Now I’ll continue to try and recreate my vision for how this should work.

Having said that… I still don’t see a way to get more detailed information into the infowindow of a Polygon… I see it in the Marker option, but not the Polygon. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Mitch
    At the moment, we only support a title and a link with the polygons. We will add more fields as soon as we can. We are trying to come up with a better “marker window” solution that we can re-use on all types of map elements. Once we have done this, you will be able to add custom fields to markers, polygons and polylines.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘What determines which info window is open’ is closed to new replies.