Walking Directions with multiple locations

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Pre-sale questions Walking Directions with multiple locations

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  thegraphicgeek 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am looking to build a page for directions to gold courses using golf carts. I have found that when getting directions from google maps and choosing “Walking” it shows the golf cart paths. Is it possible to use this app to let the user select from various locations (golf courses) and click “get directions” and have it find the user’s location and then by default show the “walking” directions?

Perry

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Yes this is definitely possible, you could use Javascript to select “walking” as the default and to populate the “from” field with the users location, assuming this is for live use.

If you need help implementing that please let us know.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there,

Please use the setting “Show user location” under Maps -> Edit -> Advanced Settings to show the user location,

If you enable the marker listing, and the directions box with the “Basic table” or “Carousel” style your marker list items should have a “Get directions” link. Alternatively your users can click on the marker to open the infowindow which has a “get directions” link, if you’ve enabled infowindows.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

Can you please confirm you have the latest version of the plugin (6.4.09) and the Pro add-on (6.19) if applicable?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

You are using Map Builder by WordImpress, you’ve actually come through to the support desk for WP Google Maps by Code Cabin,

I’m afraid I can’t help you with their plugin as I’m not familiar with it.

We do provide the user location feature you asked about, if you’d like to try our plugin I’d be more than happy to help you move your data over.

Please let me know in any case?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Luis

Thank you very much for your purchase!

I can see that Map Builder has an export function, can you please use that to export your data and send it my way, I’ll translate it and send you a file to import into our plugin.

If it’s permissible for me to get temporary access to your dashboard I’d be quite happy to do this for you, if you’d prefer?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there,

No problem! Thanks for those details, and yes we are the same lot, I passed your message on to the team, they’re grateful 🙂

I converted your data and imported it successfully, please see map 1. I also deleted the default marker in California so only your 51 markers remain.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Luis,

You can use jQuery to select a different option by default through a 3rd party custom JS plugin such as Simple Custom CSS & JS.

If you would like me to give you the specific code, please link me to the page in question as it can vary from site to site,

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there,

Can you please link me to the page in question and I’ll provide the exact code to achieve this?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Luis

I installed the plugin "Simple Custom CSS & JS" and added Javascript to set that to "Bicycling" and hide the field.

Did you want anything else changed?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.