Visitor Generated Markers

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries Visitor Generated Markers

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blumbre 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

blumbre

Hi!

When will it be possible to have registered the user who inserts a new marker?

Thanks!!!

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

You can set the “Who can add markers?” option to “Registered Users” to make the visitor generated markers plugin only allow adding markers from registered users.

This option is available in the map editor (Maps -> Maps by clicking Edit under the map you’d like to edit) in the VGM tab.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

blumbre

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your response! I mean that when a user has inserted a marker after log in, how can I see all the markers that the user has inserted? Can I use a short code to show it in your dashboard?

Thanks!!

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No, at this point markers aren’t linked or tracked by the user who added them. Are you just looking for a way to see who added the markers? Our lead developer is on leave for a week, but I’d be more than happy to add this as a feature request for the plugin.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

blumbre

Hi Trevor!

So, it would be possible to have it developed by your team soon?

Thanks!

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Sorry for the issue.

I’m not sure if this would be added soon, or at all. I would need to speak with our lead developer about this to see if it’s something that we would add.

Just to be certain are you just looking for a way to see who added the markers? You mentioned a shortcode, is the idea to have the map display only markers added by a certain user?

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

blumbre

Hello Trevor,

My idea is to know who has added the markers to then be able to show them in their personal area as a list and also when the markers are approved, see who has inserted them ….

I hope that the main developer will admit the modification because without that control I will not be able to use the plugin, because if I do not know who has added it, I should not approve it …..

Thanks a lot!!

Hi blumbre,

Thanks for your confirmation.

I will speak to the lead developer about this and will let you know once I get an answer.

Thanks for your time and I will update you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.