- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by Perry.
May 10, 2020 at 3:46 pm #59148mfoltinMember
I’m currently analyzing the possibilities of the VGM plugin and since I did not find any documentation describing such technical details (just the simple demo), I’d like to ask several questions before purchasing it:
My project will contain several dozens of pages, each with its own map.
1. How does the VGM plugin work exactly please? How do I activate it? When I activate it, where is it shown on the page? Can I edit the positioning somehow?
2. How does it work, when I have several maps? Can I configure custom VGM settings at a map level, or just at a global level only?
3. When adding a new marker, how does the user say, which map should it be assigned to? If I have several maps, is there e.g. a possibility of showing a list of maps to choose from (e.g. a combobox)?
Thanks a lot in advance and BR
Martin FoltinMay 11, 2020 at 8:53 am #59157PerryModerator
Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear this was not clear, we’ll review our documentation on this later today.
2) Some settings are global, others are set on a per-map basis. You can review this by going to Maps -> Settings -> VGM and Maps -> Edit -> VGM.
3) The user isn’t given a choice of map – using our map shortcode will dictate which map the marker is added to. You can also use a shortcode to have a separate form, where you specify which map the form targets. You can read more about that here https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/separating-the-vgm-form-from-the-map/
There are no options to give the user a choice of map to submit to at present.
Does that help?
– PerryMay 11, 2020 at 3:55 pm #59164mfoltinMember
Hi Perry, thanks for your quick reply!
Yes, I’d like to separate the VGM UI from my maps (i.e. on different page).
Thanks for the URL with the description how to seaparate it.. Means there’s at least some way to do it; could be exhausting though, when having several map pages (i.e. each one would need a VGM “twin”).
I’ll purchase the plugin and see if I get it to work somehow.
1) If user adds his custom marker to a wrong map, is there any possibility to “copy-paste” markers from one map to another? Or I’d have to move it “manually”?
2) I assume there’s currently no possibility to add a marker to several maps at once using one VGM form, right?
Sorry, I know my requirements are too specific sometimes 🙂 But I’m just checking the possibilities of the plugin in order to analyze my overal technical concept..
Thanks again and BR
Martin FoltinMay 11, 2020 at 3:58 pm #59165PerryModerator
You’re very welcome! Thank you in advance for your purchase 🙂
1) Not right now, the only way to do this would be to manually change the map_id column in the database, however we are working towards adding “move to” and “copy to” as features. Your only other option would be to manually copy and paste each field.
2) Unfortunately not. That is something we could potentially look into in the capacity of a customisation request, however we don’t have the capacity to take that on right now. If you have a developer you can work with then we can point them in the right direction in terms of hooks and filters to use, it should be fairly easy for anyone with mid-level PHP skills.
Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need! We also have a 30 day refund policy set out on this site, if you’re anything other than 100% satisfied with the product you can request a refund.
Is there anything else we can help you with?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.