VGM inputs

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davesantorum
    Participant

Hi,

I saw while searching that changes to the way info windows are displayed are planned, but a major issue for me is the lack of styling and positioning for input windows in VGM. While the tables are great for easy layout, this is NOT table data so the use of a table is a “bad thing”.

Next issue is that custom fields are not included in the table so styling has to be applied to the specific fieldset>label and there is no way that this input field can ever line up with table inputs below – can we either have them in the table data (or preferably) the option to style everything with our own markup and just call the fields from HTML or PHP.

Finally, after all that moaning, I need help! – the submit button is refusing styling and is just a blue block. Attached is a screenshot with no styling from the main or mobile CSS. If you could let me know how to change this, that would be great!

If I’m missing something, and it is possible to style and take the input fields out of the table, would it be possible to point me at the documentation to do it correctly?

Thanks,

Dave

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    davesantorum
    Participant

OK, looking at the css that is loaded AFTER the theme’s stylesheets (bad practice?) I can see that it’s coming from a whole host of !important styles that sit on top of each other.
    Removing one line from your CSS has fixed this issue but it’ll mean that I have to update it every time the plugin gets updated. Any chance this could be fixed (and how come no-one else is seeing this?!)?

The file I changed was wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-pro/css/wpgmaps-admin.css, just commented out line 1075. Have you thought of minimizing these CSS files? They’re immense!

Anyway, hope the rest of the issues I raised can be addressed,

all the best wishes,

Dave

AbelC

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your suggestions, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I will definitely add it to the Feature Request items for our development team to have a look at. They will assess the request, and if approved they will add it to our plugin in the future.

With that said, I have also mentioned these changes to our lead developer.

Regarding the styling issues with the submit button, we have fixed this issue and we will release an update as soon as possible.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

davesantorum
    Participant

Abel,

Thank you for the considerate response. May I please offer an apology to you and the developers of WPGMaps for such a rude first post and impolite follow up – unfortunately two weeks of stressing about a WP theme, building a site and very little sleep over that time had gotten the better of me (I hope!). That’s just an excuse and I know I could have framed the requests better.

Finding that just an adjustment to the WPGmap Pro CSS fixed it did lighten my mood last night, and the page is now working as we’d hoped it would. The desire for being able to choose position and display properties of VGM inputs remains, but is far less important now the plugin is usable!

Many thanks, and again, I’m sorry for being an arse. Thank you to the developer for creating a solution to the main problem I had, which was displaying and monitoring user input on a map.

Dave

AbelC

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and not a problem at all. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused and for the delayed response over the weekend.

It is only a pleasure and please do let us know if there is ever anything else that we can assist you with.

We will gladly assist with any questions or issues you may be having.

Have a great day further!

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.