Usability problem: Infowindow gallery and Google Maps full screen conflict

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Usability problem: Infowindow gallery and Google Maps full screen conflict

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boatsRus

There is a usability problem with the info window image gallery and Google Maps full screen.

If Full screen is enabled, and the user clicks on an image in the gallery to enlarge it, the image is loaded behind the map. This will possible make the user click a few more times.

What happens in the background is that each time the user clicks, the image is reloaded behind the map so if the user clicks 3 times, there are 3 images loaded.

When the user then closes the Full screen mode, there are 3 images that need to be closed by clicking.

Possible desired behaviours:

1) Best: Images appear in front of map also in Full screen

2) Second best: Image clicks are disable and there is a small friendly message saying “Image cannot be shown in Full screen mode” when a user tries to expand an image.

3) Image clicking is silently disabled when in Full screen mode.

Perry

Hi Hakan

Thanks again for your diligence in finding this,

We’ve added code to 8.0.23 to force the lightbox into the fullscreen map element when the map is in fullscreen, this works well in testing.

We won’t be releasing this until mid week next week at the earliest, if you’d like a pre-release then I can get that over to you via mail, please just let me know!

Kind regards
    – Perry

boatsRus

I’m fine with that schedule, but please make sure you include a fix the the marker editing bug, that one I’m quite desperate for.

Perry

Hi Hakan

Please could you re-send the video of that, so I have steps to reproduce it, and I’ll personally ensure that’s added.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.