Upgrading from 5.73 to 6.xx

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating Upgrading from 5.73 to 6.xx

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

d10ajf

Hi,

I have the pro version installed on my site and all is working well. Version 6 has some extra features that would add a better user experience, also I guess at some point ver 5.xx will no longer work with future versions of WordPress.

My questions are:

1) By upgrading to Ver 6.xx is there any chance of loosing or corrupting location data?
    2) What are the best steps to upgrade from 5 to 6?

I have no idea the email address I used to purchases the plugin, it was a long time ago!

Thank you
    Andy

Dylan

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for getting in touch and your interest in upgrading from Version 5 to Version 6.

Please find my responses below:
    1. By upgrading from version 5 to version 6 all of your data will be retained, as version 6 depends heavily on the structure used in version 5. There is no risk of losing any of your data, however if you would like we are always happy to handle the upgrade for you – This includes backing up current data from our side.
    2. To upgrade from version 5 to version 6 you are welcome to simply purchase the new version from our purchase page. Alternatively you may get in touch with us via our support desk if you feel more comfortable with this.

We would most likely be able to assist you in tracking down your PayPal email address if you would like?

Thank you for your time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.