Upgrade to Version 8

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries Upgrade to Version 8

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steyno 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Steyno

Hi,
    I have WP Google Maps with Gold and Pro Add-on installed on several websites. How does the upgrade to Version 8 free version affect the functionality/performance of the plugin. Also, I cannot find any profile page to view my account details. Can you please help? Username = Steyno

Many Thanks

Steyno
    This reply has been marked as private.

I installed Pro V8 – Developer on a site and disabled the previous version (but did not delete it). Now my map doesn’t show up. What do I need to do?

I also don’t know what my license nbr is and where should I insert it.
    My invoice doesn’t show it.

Home

Steyno

All issues solved now, thanks!

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch, my sincere apologies for the delay in responding, it appears our system may have flagged this thread as spam, we’re looking into this as we speak.

Account details are held on a private server, that account is a separate account from your forum account. If you need any help with account or license specific queries, please can you open a ticket at http://wpgmaps.com/contact-us so that we can discuss that in confidence.

Unless you are running the Pro add-on, the differences aren’t going to be significantly noticable – unless you have a very, very large number of markers.

Pro 8 has significant performance improvements over Pro 7. We no longer use inline JavaScript, which significantly reduces page size and decreases load time for maps with a large number of markers. We no longer use the AJAX API, instead Pro 8 uses WordPress’ REST API, which is significantly faster and has a lower resource footprint that the AJAX API. Pro 8 is almost exclusively database driven where Pro 7 used a lot of server side (PHP) processing to filter markers. It’s possible to use REST caching with Pro 8, which was not possible with Pro 7 (requires that you install a REST caching plugin).

@Brasileirinho , we’re not seeing any maps on the page at https://www.rotarybocaratonwest.org/# , could you please direct us to the sites map page?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.