Updates in ACF not updating Map automatically?

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Updates in ACF not updating Map automatically?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sfeher
    Participant

I’ve been running a new instance of WP Go Maps (Pro) for several weeks now. Map points are integrated and imported from ACF source.

I’ve noticed that changes from the ACF source are not automatically updated in the map. When I change the ACF source data, do I need to then regenerate the WP Go Map? I was under the impression that these would be synchronized.

Can you please confirm the behavior? Or, if there’s something additional I need to do to enable a sync between the source and the map, please indicate how I can do that.

Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

If you are using the ACF Integration enabled for your map (Maps -> Edit -> Settings -> Integrations / Maps -> Edit -> Advanced Settings), then your ACF posts will be dynamically pulled from the WP posts tables and be displayed as markers on your map on the frontend. Using this method will show the latest post content.

However, If you are using the ACF import (Maps -> Tools -> Import), then unfortunately the updates won’t be made automatically as the ACF markers are imported into our custom database tables. When the map is loaded, the data is then pulled from our custom database tables to be displayed on the map.

With that said, you can do either of the following:
    1. Use the ACF Import method, however, you will need to run the ACF import each time you make changes to your ACF posts.

2. Use the ACF map integration feature which will pull the post data to be used as marker data on the map when the map is loaded. Note that if you originally used the 1st method, you would need to delete all your markers in your map so that only the ACF integration markers are loaded on the map. Ensure to enable the ACF integration setting mentioned above.

Please let me know if this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.