Unclear Geodata/EXIF support

New home Forums Basic Version General queries Unclear Geodata/EXIF support

Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Dylan.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rosmo01
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in the process of migrating to a better geodata/map plugin and have a basic requirement:

My images contain the required geodata, and I need the plugin to pickup that from Featured Image and let me pick it and use it in my posts.

How do I utilize the EXIF geodata with this plugin?

Furthermore I did not see the plugin at all in the Add New Post, which I do with current plugin, so I need clarifications as to how I insert shortcode with geodata from featured image during New Post process.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch, we do appreciate your time.

Although we do support importing/using the image geodata for marker locations, we do not make use of a post type.

This means you will need to create the marker by clicking on Maps -> Editing your map -> And using the ‘Add marker’ section to add a new marker to the map.

While creating your marker you can click on the image icon next to the ‘Address’ field to extract the location from the image.

It is not currently possible to extract the geodata location directly from posts featured image. However, this is something we will look into for future development.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.