- This topic has 79 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 4 months ago by Blackbandana81.
February 19, 2018 at 9:29 am #34816Blackbandana81Member
two issues currently: First, translations. I don’t know why, but the English translation got lost again. Could you check and let me know how that happend? I don’t recall doing anything with it the last couple of days.
Second, the responsive design. Could you check the page on the smartphone? It’s kind of a mess. Any idea how to solve that?
Best regards to ZA
JanFebruary 19, 2018 at 11:04 am #34828
1. I had a look and the translations are displaying correctly on my side as shown in the attached image. Could you perhaps send me a screenshot of what you are seeing on your side?
2. I have added some custom CSS to make it look better on mobile. Could you please have another look on your side and confirm if it looks correct?
DylanFebruary 20, 2018 at 9:42 am #34859Blackbandana81Member
Good mornin, Dylan. I added a screenshot from the incognito mode. English language is chosen, but it displays in German.
And yes, responsive looks better now. Thanks!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.February 20, 2018 at 11:21 am #34866
Good morning. Thanks.
Could I please ask you to clear your cache and try it one more time now?
Sorry for the trouble.
DylanFebruary 20, 2018 at 11:58 am #34867Blackbandana81Member
no worries. Now the German page doesn’t translate according to the core.js, the English names are being displayed. Could you check here again?
Also, I get an errormessage on the frontpage in the developer mode:
(index):134 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘map’ of undefined
Is that from maps or a different errormessage?
JanFebruary 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm #34870
The translations should be working correctly now.
The error seems to be coming from some custom code that has been added.
Did you perhaps add any custom code regarding the zoom level of the map? If so, could I please ask where you added it so that I can help you fix this?
DylanFebruary 20, 2018 at 1:46 pm #34871Blackbandana81Member
sure, it was the issue from the other topic just below. Here is the message from Jarek:
I installed Simple Custom JS and CSS plugin and created this code:
Please have a look and let me know if it works.
Kind regards”February 20, 2018 at 2:14 pm #34872
Thanks. I customized the code a bit to fix the error and it is correct now.
DylanFebruary 20, 2018 at 3:44 pm #34873Blackbandana81Member
thanks so much for that. But the css is still there and the translation still doesn’t show, right?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.February 21, 2018 at 7:32 am #34892
Sorry for the delay in response.
I tested the translation on two different devices and it functioned correctly. Could I perhaps ask what URL you are testing this on? Is it http://adventureland-europe.com/?page_id=1720&lang=en?
The code is still there, however, I have fixed the error that was showing on the home page.
DylanFebruary 21, 2018 at 9:54 am #34901Blackbandana81Member
1. ah, no, I changed the links for english. The German URL is
the English is
And the translation does not work for the first one
2. back to the datasecurity topic: The information about address and information should only appear in the backend. If any user clicks on a icon on the map, there should be no box at all. Can we do that?
JanFebruary 21, 2018 at 11:30 am #34914
Both issues have been solved. Can you please have another look now?
DylanFebruary 21, 2018 at 11:51 am #34915Blackbandana81Member
the boxes are off, thanks for that.
Translation still doesn’t work: http://adventureland-europe.com/begleite-uns/ still shows the english text
JanFebruary 21, 2018 at 1:39 pm #34916
Sorry for the back and forth in this, but it is really odd.
I have attached a screenshot of the page translating fine on my end.
I know you probably have done this, but just to be sure, can you confirm that you have cleared your cache or test it in an incognito tab.
DylanFebruary 21, 2018 at 1:59 pm #34918Blackbandana81Member
this is confusing. I was using the incognito tab, I checked it 3 times. But then I deleted the cache anyways and used the regular chrome… and it’s working! ::) Thanks so much!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.