Translation and fields

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers General queries Translation and fields

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Hi Jan,

That is great to hear.

Please keep me updated.

Have a great weekend.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hey Dylan,

translation to German is working with the file you mentioned, thanks.

Follow-up questions:

1. Where can I find the file with the English names?

I have this line:
    .replace(‘Please tick this box to prove that you are human’, ‘Alles korrekt eingegeben?’)

Where can I change the “Please tick this box….”

2. The categories are translated in the filters, but not in the box underneath the map. Where can I do that?

Kind regards
    Jan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the response.

I am glad to hear that the translations worked.

1. The English text can be found inside the file wp-google-maps-ugm.php.

2. This is fixed now.

Can you please have another look now and let me know if it works now?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hi Dylan,

we are getting there:) I found the wp-google-maps-ugm.php and it worked, I could adjust the English. Won’t the file be overwritten at the next update?

Then I tried to adjust the German translation again. So I changed the English from “Or click on the map to add a marker” into “Or rightclick on the map to add a marker”
    Then I went to the core.js-file and updated

.replace(‘Or click on the map to add a marker’, ‘Oder klick mit der rechten Maustaste auf die Karte’)

into

.replace(‘Or rightclick on the map to add a marker’, ‘Oder klick mit der rechten Maustaste auf die Karte’)

However it still shows the English text instead of the German one. What did I do wrong?

Cheers
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the delay in response over the weekend.

Unfortunately, the files will be overwritten in the next update and I would recommend making a backup – however, we are looking at translating it into German for the next release. I hope this helps.

I visited the site and noticed that the string is being correctly translated.

Could I kindly ask you to clear your cache and test it again?

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hi Dylan,

funny, normally I am working with Incognito-Mode, so these beginner mistakes wouldn’t happen to me. This time, it seems like I forgot. Anyhow, it seems to work, cheers.
    I will make copies of the files and remember it when I update maps.
    Thanks so much for you awesome support!!!

Kind regards
    Jan

Hi Jan,

I am really happy to hear that. It has been a real pleasure helping you. Thanks for your kind words.

I hope you have an amazing week further.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Aaah, Dylan, sorry, qustions are keep on coming…

I changed the category names. Then I tried to change the translation to German in the core.js. However, that doesn’t seem to be enough, it doesn’t translate it. I guess there is another data I need to adjust? Could you tell me which one?

Oh, and by the way: How can I make the category secion mandatory? The visitors should check one box

Best regards to South Africa

Jan

Hi Jan,

No problem at all.

Can you please have another look now and let me know if it is correct?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Almost:) The translations are correct, thanks. If I change the categorie names again, should I contact you again or can I do the translation in a file by myself?

Problem now: I can’t add a marker. Even if I select a category, it tells me “Please sekect a category”

Thanks and kind regards
    Jan

Hi Jan,

There was a JavaScript error earlier, which is why it was not translating correctly and you should be able to make the translation on your own in the future – but I am always here to help.

I have fixed the problem with the category error.

Can you please have another look?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hi Dylan,

great, translations are working again.

Regarding the mandatory fields: Now it it possible to set markers again, but also without categories:) Can we solve this?

And one more question regarding data security: Can you hide the information of the field “Marker Description” in the front end once it was entered? It might contain contact data which we don’t want to show to the other followers.

Kind regards
    Jan

Hi Jan,

I tested it a few times and a marker can only be placed when selecting a category. Could I kindly ask if you could test it one more time and let me know?

Regarding hiding the description, do you only want to hide it in the InfoWindow on the map?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hi Dylan,

yes, it’s working, sorry, my mistake.

Regarding the boxes: Let me check with Eva, I’ll get back to you.
    Thanks again so far

Kind regards
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for letting me know.

Great. Please keep me updated.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.