Translation and fields

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers General queries Translation and fields

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Blackbandana81

HEy guys, just trying to figure out the VGM-Version.

1. Do you have a documentation of how to do the translation? When I check the page in German, the text is still in English.

2. Do you have a documentation of how I can hide fields or change the field names (without using too much of code, since I am not a programmer:))

Thanks in advance
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Could I please ask for a link to your website so that I can take a closer look and assist you with questions 1 & 2 and provide you with an efficient answer?

I look forward to hearing back from you so that I can assist you further?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Dylan! It’s weekend!!! 🙂
    Anyway, thanks for replying so quickly.
    The page is http://adventureland-europe.com/?page_id=1720&lang=en.
    Looking forward for your feedback and let me know if you need further information from me.

Cheers
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you for the response 🙂

Could I please ask which fields you would like to hide?

Additionally, would you perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account for me so that I can take a closer look at the translation issue?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Jan,

Thanks.

Most of this can be achieved with some custom CSS which I would be happy to provide you with. I do not seem to have access to the Plugins -> Editor option in the Dashboard. Could you perhaps temporarily grant me access to this so that I can assist you further with this?

Regarding translating the category strings – unfortunately, because these strings are dynamic, they are not readily translatable. There is a workaround though. Could I please ask how many categories you currently have?

Looking forward to your response so that I can assist you further.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hey Dylan, you got full access now. Currently we are working with 3 categories. It probably won’t be more than 5 in the end, I guess.

Kind regards
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I was trying to log in to make the changes, however when trying to edit the files from the plugin editor, I get the following error:
    Etwas lief schief. Deine Änderung wurde vermutlich nicht gespeichert. Bitte erneut versuchen. Es besteht die Möglichkeit, dass du den Fehler manuell beheben und die Datei per FTP hochladen musst.

Would you perhaps be open to providing me with temporary FTP access?

I have added some custom CSS for the categories, to make it look a bit better, can you please take a look and let me know what you think or if you want me to change it some more?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Jan,

Thank you 🙂

Can you please have a look at the categories and the translation now?

Is it working correctly now?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hey Dylan, mostly :).

However, the bigger issue is that now that when I switch to English, also the German Version appears…

Plus, with the categories you mentioned there would be a workaround, as they are not translated yet…

Kind regards
    Jan

Hi Jan,

My sincere apologies.

I will fix this now. Could I first ask you to confirm what the correct translations are for the Categories and if the current translations are correct?

Sorry for the trouble.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Hey Dylan,

no worries. Is there any (not too comlicated) possibility I can adjust the translation of the regular text as well as of the categories by myself? Since this is the first draft and we probably will adjust it in some weeks time..?
    If not, I will discuss this with my partner tomorrow and get back to you.
    Kind regards and thanks so far
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks. I have fixed this and it should be working correctly now.

You can also easily edit the translations by going to Plugins -> Editor -> WP Google Maps Pro and opening the file core.js in the ‘js’ folder. It is at the top.

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Blackbandana81

Perfect, I will have a look into it on the weekend. Cheers Dylan!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.