Translating the "Add your own marker" form into German

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Installing and Updating Translating the "Add your own marker" form into German

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jarek 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mschoenhuber

Hi guys,
    I try to translate the form for user generated markers, so I downloaded POedit and searched the german translation file “wp-google-maps-de_DE.po” for the term “Add your own marker” and the file has the German translation “Ihren eigenen Marker hinzuf├╝gen” but it doesn’t show the translation on the wordpress site. The wordpress language setting is German. Any idea what I can do to get the translation active? (screenshot attached) Thanks in advance. Max

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jarek

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Please copy wp-google-maps-de_DE.po and wp-google-maps-de_DE.mo files from this location: wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/languages to this directory: wp-content/languages/plugins

Please let me know if it helps. Thank you for your time in this.

Best regards,
    Jarek

mschoenhuber

Hi Jarek,

thank you for your reply. This was useful. These files were in that directory but had a different size. Now it looks better. The most important content is translated now! Just the heading “Add your own marker” and the checkbox-text for personal data and API usage are not translated yet.

Regards, Max

Jarek

Hi Max,

Can you send me both files to my email: [email protected] so I’ll take a look at this?

Kind regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.