Tracking Points when out-of-range

New home Forums Gold Add-on Real time location tracking Tracking Points when out-of-range

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alanmcd 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

alanmcd

Will the real time tracking points be saved and finally delivered when the device is out-of and returns to cellular range?
    If so, how long can the device be out of range i.e. how many points will be stored while out-of-range?

Or does the attempt to send the position just fail until the next time the device is in-range?

thanks
    Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Currently, when not connected, the points will not be saved and sent later, but only start sending once in range.

We will work on this in the near future to improve it and add this fallback.

I hope this helps and thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

alanmcd

OK thanks – so when the maps created for tracking is placed on the page, how does it respond to the moving target? Usually maps are set when saved as to the map size and zoom level. Do you have to choose a zoom level which is likely to always enclose the tracking target? or does the map move in relation to the target to keep it centred?
    Alan

Hi Alan,

The maps on the site will build the path as the marker moves, but the map will not pan automatically or zoom automatically.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

alanmcd

Can you tell me please how, if it’s possible to set the text size and position so the text caption box (picture attached) is not overtyped and not positioned so it covers the [] ful screen icon. It also does not show the X close button of the caption box. The color settings prevent it from being visible.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

alanmcd

Also the tracking markers come in 1 hour wrong. I cannot find where you set the timezone for the tracking messages. Is there a way to do this?

alanmcd

Sorry, Also.. the Select All and Bulk Delete buttons on the marker listing do not respond. Is there something I can do to make them respond? I’ve tried manually ticking markers but bulk delete does nothing.
    Alan

alanmcd

It seems that I have received into my tracking map, over 200 markers all with the identical date/timestamp/location. i.e. 200 duplicates. I had the app set at 10 minute intervals but it’s obviously not obeying this interval.
    Alan

Hi Alan,

1. Regarding the marker InfoWindow styling, could I kindly ask for a link to youe website so that I can take a closer look and assist you with the correct CSS to achieve this?

2. Can you please confirm what timezone you are currently in and what timezone your WordPress site is set to?

3. Regarding the bulk select and bulk delete buttons not working, this has been fixed in a recent update. Can you please confirm that both the Pro and Basic versions are up to date?

4. Can I kindly ask for how long you were tracking or did all of the markers come in within 10 minutes?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

alanmcd

OK I’ll do this by your points.
    1. website link is: http://photos.meta.com.au/adventure-tracking/
    The map now has 54 points but stopped recording completely even though the app is running. I can make it send another point by clicking ‘save settings’ but that’s it.
    2. I am in Timezone Sydney AUS and the website is set to the same – see attached
    3. See attached for versions
    4. I started tracking, all the markers came in in the first ‘episode’. So I reset the ‘send data every’ period from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. I received 1 entry and it has stopped sending entries.

Attachments:

alanmcd

I just did a save settings again at 8:26PM my time for the 60 minutes. I got one a track point straight away but it shows 10:26PM
    Alan

alanmcd

I also have it set to Show Route, but it does not show a route. Just track points
    Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response.

1. To fix the styling, could I please ask you to add the following custom CSS to Maps > Settings > Advanced and let me know if it helps:
    .wpgmza_modern_infowindow .wpgmza_iw_title, .wpgmza_modern_infowindow .wpgmza_iw_description, {
    float: unset !important;
    margin: 10px !important;
    position: relative !important;
    top: unset !important;
    height: max-content !important;
    }

.wpgmza_modern_infowindow {
    min-width: 200px !important;
    min-height: 100px !important;
    top: 10px !important;
    right: 40px !important;
    }

.wpgmza_modern_infowindow_close {
    color: #fff !important;
    font-size: 12px !important;
    }

2. Regarding the other problems you are experiencing, could I kindly ask if you would be open to creating a ticket here – https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/ – so that we can assist you further with fixing this

Thanks and I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

alanmcd

I’ve logged a ticket with the 3 issues.
    I have also installed the CSS and this does move the info panel away from the fullscreen button but the text in the panel is still overwriting the lines – see image
    thanks

Attachments:

alanmcd

How does the support ticket thing work? I never got a confirmation back and can’t see how I can locate MY tickets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.