Too Long of a Load. Static, Graphic Maps?

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries Too Long of a Load. Static, Graphic Maps?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SDAgency 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SDAgency

Client is using store locator with over 1,000 pins. The Open Street Map tiles were already slow loading with one pin, with this many the load is way too long. It prevents the rest of the page from loading in for at least a minnute or more.

We want to swap out the map with a graphic image with some Photoshopped cluster pins and still leave the store locator by ZIP tool available. In essence we don’t want to try and load the pins and tiles.

How can we make this possible? We tried hidding the map visual in CSS, but of course the loading still happened in the background. Fail!

Thanks.

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch, Perry here from the development team, I believe we’ve spoken before some time ago, I hope this finds you well.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues, I did take a look at the page you linked us to in your ticket, however I don’t see any map on this page at all – has that perhaps been removed?

We cannot control the loading speed of Open Street Map tiles. I’m very sorry, but if you’re finding that doesn’t load in a satisfactory time window, you would need to consider either using an alternative tile server (See Maps -> Settings) or switching to Google maps.

We don’t recommend using OpenLayers for a large number (1000+) of markers as it doesn’t handle large volumes of markers as well as Google’s engine. You could try the Gold add-on and clustering to mitigate this.

You could potentially take a screenshot of your map then embed that as an image, then have the map on a separate page, that’s not something we have built in support for so you would have to do that manually. If you do go down this route, at present, you would have to put the map on a separate page.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.