Toggle Markers by Category

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Toggle Markers by Category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gipson
    Participant

Hello,

With the WP Google Maps plugin, can I have users toggle markers on and off by category independently. So, rather than a drop down filter, I would like users to be able to one-click a category and have all of those markers appear (or disappear) on the map, and then one-click a second category and have all of those markers appear (or disappear) without each category affecting the other.

For example: let’s say I’m doing a map with markers indicating projects. I have three categories of projects: Completed, In Progress, Upcoming. I want users to be able to see just Completed projects, just In Progress projects, or just Upcoming projects. But I also want them to be able to see any combination of the three categories.

The user would click an icon to toggle categories on and off, but the categories should otherwise not affect each other. Is this possible?

(Here is an example of the click functionality, except unlike this example, our categories could stack and be shown at the same time: https://tddctx.com/locations/)

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Gipson.
    AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Would I be correct if I say that you would like the visitor to select multiple categories and also display these categories as checkboxes?

If so, this can be achieved by navigating to Maps -> Settings -> Scroll down to “Category Selection Logic” -> Select “AND” -> Scroll down to “Filter by category displayed as” -> Please select “Checkboxes”.

This should now display the categories as checkboxes and allow the visitor to select multiple categories.

I hope this helps clarify and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

edkim
    Participant

That is really clever and close to what I am trying to do. The thing that is different is that I wanted to be able put a check box next to each entry and hove those places show up on map when checked. An example of what I am trying to do is to the url below. I’d love to add a map to the right or above the check box list.

I’d also like to keep the functionality of adding up and comparing prices working. I currently use Gravity forms to do the adding and comparing but I am open to switching to a different plugin. Formidable forms seems like another good option I was looking at.

Can I make this price calculator and add your maps to it?

Chicago CityPass Value Calculator

I have not purchased your plugin yet but I was thinking of switching mapping plugins to get more functionality.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, this is not supported by default at the moment. However, this can be achieved with customization.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

If you would like to submit a customization request, could I kindly ask if it would be possible to please provide us with a full, comprehensive list of changes you would like to be carried out to https://www.wpgmaps.com/customization-requests/ and we’ll respond back to you with a quote as soon as possible.

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if there is ever anything else that we can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.