The table contains characters which are invalid in the target database

New home Forums Basic Version Troubleshooting The table contains characters which are invalid in the target database

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  smsimarketing 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

callmesb

WP Google Maps Pro was working wonderfully on both local and remote sites until upgrade to v.7.0 Now, when I push my DB using Migrate DB Pro, I get the following error:

The “wp_gmza” table contains characters which are invalid in the target database.

Migrate DB Pro support says, essentially, that it could be due to features that use extended character sets (font awesome?): https://deliciousbrains.com/wp-migrate-db-pro/doc/invalid-text/

I updated to v.7.0.01 on both local and remote sites, but the error persists.

Thoughts?

Perry

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch and thank you for reporting this,

Version 7 uses MySQLs spatial types to store marker coordinates (as opposed to text) for performance reasons, this is stored as binary data which isn’t human readable and which in most cases produces invalid UTF-8 text if it’s not converted to text.

I’ve looked into their documentation on how to convert this programatically and didn’t see anything mentioned there, I’ve e-mailed the plugin author to ask if there is anything we can hook into to get this working,

In the mean time please bear with us, is there an alternative plugin you could use whilst we get this solved?

Kind regards
    – Perry

callmesb

Thanks, Perry…are you asking if there is another migration plugin I can use, or another map plugin?

Side note: I also exported my map data from my local install as a .csv, then uploaded that csv into my remote install. This fixed the map and zoom, but my markers are still missing on the remote install.

Perry

Hi there

If there’s another migration plugin you can use whilst we wait on their reply that would be great.

If there are any options within that plugin to exclude columns, please exclude wp_wpgmza.latlng

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

callmesb

I can migrate if I exclude my WP Google Map Pro Tables, and then I can re-add my map data on my dev site. Obviously this is less than ideal. I jut updated to the latest version of both plugins, but the issue still persists.

As for isolating a particular column to exclude during migration, I don’t see one that matches the one you suggested (.latlng). I’ve attached a screen shot of the tables related to WP Google Maps Pro…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

callmesb

I can migrate if I exclude my WP Google Map Pro Tables, and then I can re-add my map data on my dev site. Obviously this is less than ideal. I just updated to the latest version of both plugins, but the issue still persists.

As for isolating a particular column to exclude during migration, I don’t see one that matches the one you suggested (.latlng). I’ve attached a screen shot of the tables related to WP Google Maps Pro…

Attachments:

Perry

Hi there

We now integrate with “WP Migrate DB”, would using this plugin be an option for you?

Kind regards
    – Perry

cmb

Hi there – I’ve tried using WP Migrate DB with WP Google Maps and found an issue when setting the WP Migrate DB to integration mode. So I contacted WP Migrate DB’s support, and they detected some left over debug code that is causing the integration to fail:

die('pof');

It’s line 16 in class.wp-migrate-db-integration.php in wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/includes/3rd-party-integration

Naturally, the code above causes the integration to bomb out with that error message.

Commenting out that line allows the code to continue.

It’s working fine for me with that code commented out.

cheers!

Perry

Hi Colin

Thank you so much for reporting this, looks like there was debug code left in here.

I’ve corrected that at our end and we’ll be releasing a patch shortly.

Kind regards
    – Perry

cmb

Attached a screenshot for those following this – to set WP Migrate DB (normal or PRO) integration mode, go to the settings tab, click on “Integration” and select WP Google Maps.

Attachments:

Perry

Hi Colin

Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards
    – Perry

I realize this is an old thread, but I’m getting this exact error for what appears to be the same original reason.

I tried setting the compatibility mode, but no luck for me. I’m use Migrate DB Pro, but just the free version of WPGMaps. Is there something else I’m missing that I need in order for this to be compatible?

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

Have you selected our plugin in WP Migrate DB’s compatibility settings?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.