Suggestion to improve performance?

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Suggestion to improve performance?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zen – faidzul
    Participant

Hi.. Currently I have around 23k+ markers on my map which the number may increase in future.
    I am facing performance issue when loading the map on my site.
    Not only when loading the markers, the performance is also considered terrible when moving around the map which I notice from the browser console log, it seems like it will keep on loading the markers when moving around the map.

The gold feature, which is clustering the markers into groups also making the performance even worse.
    I have tried the beta features which is to load markers only within the viewport, but the issue with this is when I zoom wayyy out, it will still load all markers isn’t it?

The feature of loading the markers in batch also not helping much.

Please help if you have any suggestions on improving the performance.

zen – faidzul
    Participant

Is there any possibility that we could use service worker to preload and cache the markers when accessing the site?

Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

You could try using a REST caching solution called “WP REST Cache” (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rest-cache/) as this would reduce the number of calls made to the PHP server and thus reduce the calls to the database improving loading times. Please note that the map may need to be loaded a few times in order for the REST cache plugin to build a cache.

With regards to the clustering, the clusters are calculated when the map viewport is changed as it may need to adjust or recalculate the clustering especially when zooming as the cluster would become larger based on the grid size and how many markers are in the ‘grid’.

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

zen – faidzul
    Participant

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have installed the WP Rest Cache plugin per your suggestion.

But the performance is only noticeable after loading the map a few times since it depends on built up cache.

For your information, we are referring to a live site used by our user which is https://jendela.my/map/?show=poi&fname=pakej-point as a benchmark.

We are expected to at least match the site performance if not better.

Is there any further optimizations that we can try?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.