Store Locator distance markers and API requirements?

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Store Locator distance markers and API requirements?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pm96 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Pm96

Thankyou it seems to be working fine now which is a bit strange. And just quick query about that Javascript snippet where would I place that? In the plugin editor or on the page itself?

Pm96

That has seemed to fix the location error and now it’s working. Just a quick question I am new to wordpress and that JavaScript Code snippet where would I put it? Would it be in the plugin editor.

Perry

Hi Phil

Thank you for letting us know, we’ll run some tests shortly to get that resolved.

My apologies, you can paste that JavaScript into Maps -> Settings -> Advanced in Custom JS (you could also use a 3rd party custom JS plugin).

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Pm96

Yes it did help a bit. The distance filter isn’t a priority atm. I have purchased the pro version and I am wondering where the HTML for the Legacy Store Locator ( I assume I can find it in the Plugin Editor?), since the buttons seem very basic and I am trying to create custom field aswell to search for Marker Titles and show them in the marker listing and maybe show them on the map (this is not necessary atm.

Also custom fields isn’t working? It keeps saying I have no custom fields available even though I added some to the page?

I assume its possible to create a search field using the custom fields functionality?

Thanks,
    Philip

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Pm96. Reason: Added further questions

Perry

Hi Philip

I’d strongly recommend that you use jQuery and carry out the changes to your buttons, otherwise your changes will be lost when updating.

You can find the function in legacy-core.php, please also note we’ll be moving those at some point this year as we refactor the code.

You can enable title search in your store locator settings.

Yes, you can enable filtering on custom fields, see the Marker Filtering tab on your map edit page.

When you say custom fields aren’t working, would you be able to share access to the site so we can take a look into why that might be?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Pm96

Hi Perry,

Unfortunately I won’t be able to share access to the site because it is a company site and I do not have authorisation to give out log in details but I’m guessing that I only need to manipulate custom fields only if it’s needed to search for a marker by title so it’s not a problem I suppose?

You mentioned that search by title would be in store locator settings. I feel like an idiot I didn’t notice it for long time. But unfortunately the map doesn’t search without an address it? Also I am unfamiliar with styling/editing html or css through Jquery I only know how to do it through CSS file or Html file but I will try to look it up if you have any useful links?

This is the current map I’m working on:

Test Map

I was able to style the buttons a little by using the post by Trevor:

Styling the Store Locator

Perry

Hi there

Can you please list the exact steps you took, the behaviour you observed and the behaviour you expected?

Can you also please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG, then send your debug logs to us?

Lastly, please open your developer console and note any JavaScript errors in there, and also send those our way.

From that information we should be able to issue a solution.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Pm96

I really appreciate the support, I am trying to obtain permissions to be able to view the domains root files for the website (which probably end up being tomorrow) to be able to enabled the Debug features.

Also the steps I took was:

Enter location field = N/A
    Title/Description field = Convey

Radius Drop Down = 25 miles <– although this shouldn’t affect the search

clicked “SEARCH” and result wasn’t found

Enter location field = “Aberdare”
    Title/Description field = Convey

Radius Drop Down = 25 miles

clicked “SEARCH” and result was what I expected

Ideally it should be able to only depend on the Title/Description input field and search button to search for all markers who’s name contains the search term.

I’ve attached the Console Error’s I see only one of which I believe is related to the test map because of the JavaScript snippet we discussed earlier so its not too worried about that one.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Pm96

I just found a work around using the advanced table gives me the functionality I needed by it displays Marker Icons instead of Logo icons?

Perry

Hi there

At present we don’t support searching without radius, sorry about that.

If you’re happy using the advanced table that’s great!

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Pm96

Yes last couple of things. Is it possible to edit the advanced list table? E.g styling the font or colour and Changing the coloumn where it shows the marker icon to the image of store instead? Also is it possible for in the list where column header it says “Title” to change it to name?

Also I’m thinking about purchasing the gold add on for the Marker Clustering function does this require any Google API and will it work with the store locator?

Thanks,
    Philip

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Pm96. Reason: Gold add on question

Perry

Hi Philip

It’s not possible to swap the icon for the marker picture, sorry about that.

There are no controls to edit the style of the advanced table, however you could use CSS to achieve this.

You can use jQuery to alter column headings.

If you need us to provide code, please can you let us know specifically what styling you need?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Pm96

Hi Perry,

This is the map: https://conassocstage.wpengine.com/test-map/

The changes needed is where it says on “Title” in table list it just needs to say “Name” Instead and where the search field instead of “search” it should say “search memeber” just the changing the font style of the overall table in general probably possible with custom CSS? I am assuming that I place the jquery code in the Custom JS similar to where I put the CSS which was in the Custom CSS ( I attached the image where the Custom Stuff is).

Also about the clustering question I editing in my previous post?

Thanks,
    Philip

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Pm96. Reason: Grammar
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Perry

Hi Philip

Plesae go to the Custom JS field in our advanced settings menu and add this:

jQuery(function ($) {

$(window).on(“load”, function (event) {

$(“th[data-wpgmza-column-name=’title’]”).text(“Name”);

});

});

You can use the CSS font-family rule to change the font of the table.

My apologies for overlooking the clustering question. You don’t need any additional Google APIs and yes, it does work with the store locator.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Pm96

I added the code to the Custom JS in the settings and nothing happened?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.