Still on REST cache clear text URLs

New home Forums Pro Add-on Still on REST cache clear text URLs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boatsRus

Seems my old posting on this topic has been lost? I now changed the REST URL setting but the URL is not exactly cleartext yet. Challenge: what category have I selected on the map? It would be very useful if these were cleartext instead of URL encoded, would help a lot in managing the REST cache.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience as it appears that we experienced a couple of issues on our forum.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to re-engineer this to display it as cleartext as we need to use JSON here.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if there anything else that we can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

boatsRus

Hi,

That’s only partially correct. Yes, you cannot change the JSON coding of the curly brackets etc but you could (easily) add more cleartext elements into the JSON information content. For instance adding the category name also as cleartext and not only category number would help as would adding the name of the map.

The REST cache has btw fixed the issue with the long URLs so even from this perspective it would be possible to add some cleartext info into the URLs. Yes, it would be duplicate information but would help in managing the cache.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and we do apologize for the delayed response over the weekend.

Yes, adding category names as cleartext can be supported. Thank you for your suggestion.

I have added it to our Feature Request items. We will assess the request and add it to our plugin in the future.

Please do let me know if there is anything else that we can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.