Simplify Search

New home Forums Feature Requests Simplify Search

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    michael.kracke
    Participant

We are currently using the Store Locator search functionality, however it is not quite designed for our specific use case.

We are using the Visitor Generator Markers to allow students and alumni of our university to share photos of their school pride across the world. Currently the search requires an address and has a 2nd input box for searching marker content. It would be nice to have the option for a single input for a generic search. This would give the user one box to search content or address.

It seems the biggest hurdle (at least that I could see) is figuring out where to “center” the map. My initial thought would be using the default address. That is what we do now, but have custom code to hide the address box. A second option could be to use the center of the current map view. Another thought would be if Marker Clusters are turned on, maybe it could center to the largest cluster.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by michael.kracke. Reason: Use english better
    Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

Thank you for the explanation and details that you have provided.

Please may I ask if you may provide me with the link to your map so that I may take a closer look?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

michael.kracke
    Participant

Hi Matthew, Our site is currently under development and is behind a login. I could set you up with a login for our site if there is a way for me to provide that info to you.

Matthew
    This reply has been marked as private.
    michael.kracke
    Participant

Hi Matthew, I reached out.

Just wanted to reach out here in case you didn’t receive my message.

Matthew

Hi Michael,

Thank you for letting me know, I have responded to your email accordingly.

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.