Simple Question – Filter by category selector placement

New home Forums Pro Add-on Simple Question – Filter by category selector placement

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ExoIntel

Hello, I just purchased the pro add-on.. It seems by default, that the filter dropdown is always on TOP of the map? How can I change the location. and also, can I use individual elements when building a seperate page?

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Our latest version does allow for the Marker Listings and Store locator to be moved either above/below the map by changing a few settings.

However this has not been added to the filters at this point. We will definitely add this in the near future, as this has been added to our development schedule.

However, it is possible to move the filter bar by making some minor changes to the code. Are you comfortable with making code changes yourself? If so, I could provide you with the changes, along with the steps that should be taken to apply the code changed.

Unfortunately it is not possible to use each component separately from the map as they are currently dependent on each other. We are looking into this for future use however.

ExoIntel

Thanks for the response.. I’d be ok to try the code myself if you can provide the information and instructions I need. I was also wondering if there was a way to use the user generated marker input (geolocate) on another form? specifically a caldera form.

Dylan

Hi there,

Not a problem at all, I am happy to help. 🙂

Please find the steps below:
    1. Open the file named ‘wp-google-maps-pro.php’
    2. Find the following segment of code:

$wpgmza_marker_filter_output
                ".apply_filters("wpgooglemaps_filter_map_output","",$wpgmza_current_map_id)."
                ".(!isset($map_other_settings['store_locator_below']) ? "$sl_data" : "")."
                ".(isset($map_other_settings['store_marker_listing_below']) ? "$wpgmza_marker_list_output" : "")."

".apply_filters("wpgooglemaps_filter_map_div_output","<div class=\"wpgmza_map\" id=\"wpgmza_map_".$wpgmza_current_map_id."\" $map_style> </div>",$wpgmza_current_map_id)."
                ".(isset($map_other_settings['store_locator_below']) ? "$sl_data" : "")."
                ".(!isset($map_other_settings['store_marker_listing_below']) ? "$wpgmza_marker_list_output" : "")."

3. Replace it with the following:

".apply_filters("wpgooglemaps_filter_map_output","",$wpgmza_current_map_id)."
                ".(isset($map_other_settings['store_marker_listing_below']) ? "$wpgmza_marker_list_output" : "")."

".apply_filters("wpgooglemaps_filter_map_div_output","<div class=\"wpgmza_map\" id=\"wpgmza_map_".$wpgmza_current_map_id."\" $map_style> </div>",$wpgmza_current_map_id)."
                ".(!isset($map_other_settings['store_marker_listing_below']) ? "$wpgmza_marker_list_output" : "")."

4. Next you will need to find the following segment of code as well:

".wpgmaps_return_marker_anchors($wpgmza_anchors)."
    			".apply_filters("wpgooglemaps_filter_map_div_output","<div class=\"wpgmza_map\" id=\"wpgmza_map_".$wpgmza_current_map_id."\" $map_style> </div>")."   

5. And replace it with this

".wpgmaps_return_marker_anchors($wpgmza_anchors)."
    			".apply_filters("wpgooglemaps_filter_map_div_output","<div class=\"wpgmza_map\" id=\"wpgmza_map_".$wpgmza_current_map_id."\" $map_style> </div>")."   

6. Finally, save the file and it should display the filter by functionality below the map 🙂

I hope this helps?

Unfortunately it is not possible to use the user generated marker input functionality on a third party form, as this would require extensive changes to our code.

Thank you for your time on this one.

laNegreta

Hi,
    I was able to move the filter below the map, but I would like to be able to control the position a little more, how could I move it to the same line of the marked list selectors filters? (attached image)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your time, and I am glad to hear that you were able to move the filter below the map.

In order to place the filter inline with the marker listing sorting controls, you will need to your some styling to offset the control down and to the right.

Would you perhaps be able to provide me with a link to you map (as a private reply if preferred) so that I can provide you with the styling required to achieve this?

I will then also provide you with a guide on how to add the CSS to your site. 🙂

laNegreta

Hi,
    Glad to give you a link to our development site, here you can see the map:

Sede y oficinas

Thank you for your support!

bioeconomiaweb

Hi, I just purchased the pro add-on. The list of all the waypoints is ok, but I would like to place the Filter by category selector in the same menu where the names of the waypoints are listed. I wish that when you select a category, opens the list of all the names of the wayponints include in that catery.

Here is the link of my map

Test Map

Thanks!

Dylan

Hi laNegreta,

My sincere apologies for not getting back to you on this sooner. I did not receive a notification for this on my side, and it seems to have slipped through the cracks.

Do you still require assistance with this from my side?

—-

Hi bioeconomiaweb,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

Could I ask you to provide me with a mockup/screenshot of what you would like to achieve?

I am not sure I fully understand what you hope to achieve.

I would however really like to assist wherever possible! 🙂

laNegreta

Hi,
    Don’t worry, finally we solved this by simplifyng the layout and hiding such elements.

Will tell you if I need this in the future.

Thank you for your interest.

Dylan

Hi laNegreta,

No problem at all, happy to hear you got this all setup the way you wanted.

If you need anything else, please let me know?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.