See the JavaScript console for technical details.

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting See the JavaScript console for technical details.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    katet

Hi. I bought the Pro version for another site and it worked fine. My license agreement said I could use it for three sites so I’m using it on a new site. However, in the Admin area, the map shows up briefly and then disappears and a error message appears: Oops! Something went wrong.
    This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

The map does show up on the outward facing site: http://vashonlandtrust.org/preserves-habitats/
    but not correctly as I can’t edit or admin it.

Can you help? Thanks.

Let me know if you need login info.

katet
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Katet
    Please note that you can use our plugin on 3 sites as promised but you would still need to add your Google Maps API key to the new site to ensure it works correctly. You will also need to add that domain to your allowed referrers in the Google Maps API console for it ti function correctly. Have you added the API key to the new site yet?

GrnSkyCreations

I found this thread and I am having the same problem. The map shows up for a minute and then I get this….
    Oops! Something went wrong.
    This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

After I read some of the suggestions, I thought maybe I needed to check the domain name I added in my google API console. I think that is where the problem lies and this led me to another question if anyone knows here? It says to verify the site and add the domain. I can add it but I am the web designer not the “owner” I am the one handling the site and designing the site, so do I add it as if I am the “owner” I began to do this just to make the map work but I just wanted to make sure before I go this next step.
    Thanks for any help

Andrew

Hi @grnskycreations,

You are able to add your own API key for the interim or you could ask your client to add you to their Google Developer’s Console so you may create and adjust your clients API key.

I hope this helps 🙂

Please keep me posted.

clairelep5
    SupportTeam

Hi there

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this!

Would you mind sending me a link to your map so that I can look into this for you?

lisakue

I have attempted to install the API code and added the domains, still nothing is showing on the site. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. http://sekheritagehomesrealty.com

SupportTeam

Hi lisakue,

Thank you for getting back to us in this and I apologize for the delay.

I went to your site and it appears that on your contact page –

Contact Us

You are not using our plugin, can you please send me a link to our map on your site and I will take a look at this for you and try to help you sort this out as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

hamanpro
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve just bought the WP google Map plugin and I have this message error:

“This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details”

thanks for solution.
    Bertrand

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dylan

Hi Bertrand,

Thank you for getting in touch, we do appreciate your time.

My apologies for the trouble experienced. Could I ask you to share a link to your website with me?

This would be a tremendous help in debugging the issue further.

Please mark your reply as ‘private’ so that the link is not shared publicly.

hamanpro
    Participant
    Dylan

Hi Bertrand,

Thank you for getting back to me, this was a tremendous help in debugging the issue further.

It appears your Google Maps API key referrers may not have been set up correctly.

Please may I ask you to review the documentation seen here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/ensuring-your-referrers-are-properly-inserted/ – To adjust your referrers to match your site?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

hamanpro
    Participant

Hi Dylan,
    Thanks for support. I solved the problem.
    Yes it was an API problem.

Kind regards.

Bertrand

Dylan

Hi Bertrand,

Fantastic news, so glad to hear the issue has been resolved!

Please do let me know if you ever need anything else.

Have a nice day further. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.