Searchable WordPress Map

New home Forums Gold Add-on Pre-sale questions Searchable WordPress Map

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

grantsmith

Hi!

I have an enquiry from a potential client which I’m hoping WP GMaps may be able to help with. However, I kind of need to know if WP GMaps can provide the solution before proposing the idea to the client.

The client has locations across the UK offering different geography fieldwork projects depending on the location. The client would like a searchable map which allows their clients to quickly see what is on offer where. The search terms would be predefined, so in essence, a clickable list of items.

So for example, their client may wish to search for a particular topic for A level students in Scotland. The full list of results which are always on display reduces in accordance to the search criteria. Also, in an ideal world, the pin on the map, representing the location would be highlighted in some way.

I have done a rough sketch of what I believe they are after, this is below.

Draft sketch

Many thank in advance for the help

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  grantsmith. Reason: Image not displaying
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  grantsmith.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to get in touch. We really do appreciate it.

WP Google Maps does allow for a marker to be assigned to multiple categories, and with the use of out Store Locator functionality, users can filter through search results by adding (or removing) categories from their search.

Please have a look at our demo here: Store Locator Demo

Unfortunately this will not allow you to pre-define a search.

I hope this helps?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.