Search field

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SupportTeam 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

treon

Hi,

I have an Google My Map with 6000 markes. And I can embed this on my website but how do I add search field? If I put map in fullscreen from google I can search but not in embedded view. Do you support search markers in map.

My map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1pN75Ktt6ECQ5a-6pQSKiHWLvnJcakQoC

Perry

Hi Treon

Thanks for getting in touch!

You’re actually through to the support desk for the WordPress plugin WP Google Maps.

If you’re running WordPress, and would like to try our plugin we can help you get that map set up as you are describing.

If you’re not using WordPress I’m afraid you would have to search Google Groups, or ask on a site like Stack Overflow. I know exactly how this could be achieved with our plugin, however I’m afraid I don’t know how you would do this on Googles site itself.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Viktor

Off the top of my head it only works on the Title field, but we can definitely adjust the code there for you quite easily.

You would need the Pro add-on, yes, that would be required to import your data from My Maps, our free plugin doesn’t feature an importer.

If you do decide to go ahead with us then thank you in advance for your purchase 🙂

You’re actually through to one of the developers, I’ll personally help you get the map data moved over, it should be quite straightforward, I’ve done quite a few of these!

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Treon

Yes we certainly can, let me put you through to my colleague who deals with this.

When you’re ready to do the conversion please feel free to ask for me and we’ll get that sorted together.

Veronique should be in touch shortly 🙂

Kind regards
    – Perry

SupportTeam
    This reply has been marked as private.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

I’m so sorry for this.

I did send you a response but I believe it might not have reached you.

I have now forwarded my response directly to your email.

Kindly confirm? 🙂

SupportTeam

Hi there,

So glad to hear! 😀

I have assigned you back to Perry.

Perry

Hi Viktor

Nice to hear from you again 🙂

Please go to Google MyMaps, click the menu icon and go to "Download KML".

Please then go to your WordPress installation and go to Maps -> Advanced and on the first tab (Import) you can import that KML file.

Please let me know how the import goes?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Viktor,

That is quite a lot of data but that nor multisite shouldn’t affect this at all, please give me a minute while I check this file, I’m sure this will be quite straightforward.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Viktor

The import ran successfully at my end – could we possibly get access to your sites dashboard to try out the import at your end?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Viktor

I’m seeing the same thing on your site, unfortunately my developer tools don’t tell me anything any more useful than the error message itself,

Would it be possible to get FTP access to the site so I can see what’s going wrong with the import?

In the very least, from your FTP I can run the import directly on the database so we can get around this.

Please let me know?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Viktor

Yes please, if you could clear your entire debug file, make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled, try to run the import, then refresh your debug log and send me the contents, that would be great.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Viktor

Sorry to hear this, assuming you only need to run the import once, if I send you the raw SQL dump of the data I imported, would you be able to import through phpMyAdmin or similar?

Kind regards
    – Perry

SupportTeam

Hi Viktor,

Jarek here from the Development Team.

You need to have access to phpMyAdmin panel and import the data directly to your database. Please ask your host provider for access to phpMyAdmin.

Kind regards

Perry

Hi Viktor

Please find the SQL dump here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOaGxUyW2cOQzjwGByqn1KT6rgh1nEQI/view?usp=sharing

Please note this import assumes map ID 1, we can change that if needs be.

Let us know how the import goes?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.