realtime marker updating

New home Forums Gold Add-on realtime marker updating

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blocksoftware.mattijs 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey there,

We’re a software development firm and use your tool to aid our customer’s website but they’ve requested us to generate pages per location(78!) to improve their SEO.

What I’m looking for is to generate one map with all their locations and being able to inject code on a per-page-base on where to focus the map and which markers to animate without having to generate and maintain 80-ish maps…. As a improvised fix that’s exactly what I’ve made right now but I’ve got mixed feelings about them getting more locations as the work increases exponentially :-S

If possible they’d like to update the focus and animation properties for each location even if there are multiple locations within a few mile radius i.e. per ajax request.

Is all of this possible, did I overlook this in the documentation?

I’d be grateful for your help.

Kind regards, Mattijs Snepvangers, Blocksoftware B.V.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

You could perhaps inject code on a per page basis with our shortcode marker attribute.

Could I kindly ask if you could please provide us with a link to your map page so that we can advice further?

Please note that you could also make use of our Map mashup feature that will allow you to add multiple maps into one. You can also then use GET variables to control your Map.

This will allow you to set which location to focus on per page.

You can find more information here:
    Map Mashups – https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/map-mashup/
    GET variables – https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/using-get-variables-to-control-your-map-linking-to-a-marker-from-another-page/

I hope this helps clarify, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Hi Abel,

Thank you very much for your answer! most issues can be dealt with using the short code.
    Is there a way to en-/dis-able the bouncing animation per marker using the shortcode?

Kind Regards,

Mattijs Snepvangers – Blocksoftware BV

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and that is great to hear.

Unfortunately, this is not supported at the moment to add the bouncing animation to a marker using the shortcode. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

However, you can add custom JS that will set the bouncing animation to the marker ID that you have added in the shortcode.

This can be achieved by navigating to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Custom JS -> Please paste the following code below:

jQuery(window).on(“markersplaced.wpgmza”, function(event) {

var map = event.target;

if(!map.shortcodeAttributes.marker)
    return;

var marker = map.getMarkerByID(map.shortcodeAttributes.marker);

if(!marker)
    return;
    marker.setAnimation( WPGMZA.Marker.ANIMATION_BOUNCE );
    });

Please do let me know if this is working for you, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

The fix you mailed me Works like a charm!

I’ve attached a txt file with the JS code to aid others who’d like to use this(bouncing effect on marker selected by shortcode).

I do have one final question; is there a way to sort the category and marker lists? they’re a mess…
    You can check it on the lick I sent you yesterday.

Kind regards,

Mattijs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

AbelC

Hi Mattijs,

Thank you so much for letting me know, and that is great to hear.

Please find my response below:

1. Sort Categories:
    You can sort categories by navigating to Maps -> Categories -> Edit -> Scroll down to “Priority” -> You can now set the priority for each category.

2. Sort Marker Lists:
    This can be achieved by navigating to Maps -> Edit -> Marker Listing Options -> Scroll down to “Order markers by”.

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if this is working for you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.