- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 11 months ago by horsmanzach.
February 19, 2018 at 10:05 pm #34854horsmanzachMember
I am working on a WP site right now that is going to involve a courier delivering purchased products to clients within the city.
I’m very interested in adding this plugin to the site so that it can give customers an opportunity to see how far the courier is from their destination.
I’ve read thru the documentation and understand I need WP Google Maps + Pro + Gold Add-On + Android App
Before I purchase all necessary extensions I’m trying to think about how it’s all going to come together for the courier, and was hoping I could get some clarification:
My understanding is that the location tracker is attached to a BuddyPress account, and when you are logged in and attach your Android device to the previously created map that you will be able to show up on that map as that particular user. So if I create a BuddyPress account on the site specifically for the courier, and have the courier use the Android device when making deliveries they should be able to show up on the map for the client to view, is that correct? Does the BuddyPress users name show up on the map, or is it just a moving icon? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your timeFebruary 20, 2018 at 3:46 pm #34875DylanModerator
Thank you so much for your time and interest in the system!
I think your idea is very interesting and I would love to see how it turns out when setup.
There are some minor details which I would like to mention, although for the most part you are correct:
– The user does not need a BuddyPress account. Instead the device is linked in the admin area, when the device connects. To connect a device you simply need to enter your site URL in the couriers app.
– This would lead to the second question, how would we show the couriers location on the map. Well, this is also controlled in the app, from within the settings the courier can set his/her name as the location title.
– You have the option of plotting a route, or showing a moving icon instead.
I hope this helps? Really looking forward to hearing back from you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.