Python upload of CSV data

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Python upload of CSV data

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kerovv

I am writing a Python script that generates data in a CSV form that the form WP Google Maps Pro uses to generate markers. I’d like it to upload the data automatically, so no manual importing CSV is done. Please suggest the ways to implement that. Thanks! P.S. I could try to use other programming languages – the idea is that no manual import is done.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by kerovv.
    Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi there!
    Thank you for getting in touch.

There is no way to do that in the current version unless you change to an XML file. However, we have a (very) beta version of Version 7 available that allows you to import data from a URL (a CSV file) at specific time delays using cron. Would this interest you?

Kind regards
    Nick

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Vasily

XML is automatically read each time the map loads. So updating the XML file means that your markers will change in real time on the front end.
    Each map has an XML file for the markers located in the wp-content/uploads folder. To switch on XML functionality, go to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced (tab) and select the appropriate option. You also have the option of changing the DIR and URI of where the XML files are loaded from.

To answer your other question, the short answer would be no. I would suggest going with the XML option as this has a delay of 0.

Kind regards
    Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.