Problems installing

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating Problems installing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dobby

I’ve tried installing the plugin (changed the name of the file to wp-google-maps-pro.zip) several times, but I keep getting the same error:

“The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found. Plugin installation failed.”

What am I missing?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

Please may you confirm if you are uploading the original ZIP file that is downloaded from our site as you shouldn’t need to change the name of the ZIP file?

Should you need a new download link for the ZIP file, please see here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/get-updated-version/

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

dobby

I downloaded the file from the link that you sent me in email yesterday – after purchasing the pro version. The filename wasn’t the same as what your instructions say it should be, so I changed it to wp-google-maps-pro.zip.

I just downloaded the file again from the link you suggested. The file name is wp-google-maps-developer-UNZIP-first8.1.20.zip. I changed it to wp-google-maps-pro.zip again, and tried to install it again. I get the same error.

I’ve installed other plugins without any issue – including an older version of this same plugin many years ago. I’m not new to WP. I’d very much like to install this today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew

Hi Dobby,

Thank you for getting back to me and for your time on this.

It appears that you have the Developer/Lifetime license which is shown by the ‘developer-unzip-first’ part of the file name.

Note that as per our documentation, you need to unzip that file first and then you will be able to install the Pro, Gold and VGM plugin files accordingly.

Please see our documentation for installing the Developer/Lifetime license bundle here: https://docs.wpgmaps.com/installing-the-plugin#9_TcU

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.