Problem using another plugin

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Problem using another plugin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    W8TTS

I’m attempting to use WP Google Maps along with the DataTables Buttons Extension for the TablePress plugin. And it appears that WP Google Maps and the DataTables Buttons Extension don’t get along.

The author of TablePress says that it appears that “As long as both plugins load their JS files on the same page, this seems to collide.” that the DataTables Buttons Extension won’t work.

I’ve tried displaying a page with DataTables Buttons Extension after removing the short code for the WP Google Maps map, and the extension works. Put the WP Google Maps shortcode back in and the extension doesn’t work.

Any thoughts on how to get WP Google Maps and the DataTables Buttons Extension for the TablePress plugin to play together nicely?

Ted

Hi Ted,

It is nice to hear from you again.

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing with the DataTables Plugin. Could I please ask if it would be possible send me a link to the page with the map and the DataTables Buttons so that I can debug this and find out what the problem is?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

W8TTS

Hi Dylan,

Sorry, I didn’t get back quicker, but I didn’t receive a notification that you’d posted.

Here’s a link to a page. There should be two buttons just above the “Island Name” column.

http://usislands.org/montana/

Ted

W8TTS

Just noticed that with the short code [table id=8 datatables_buttons=”copy,print” /] added that the map now disappears.

Ted

Hi Ted,

Thank you for the link. I looked around on the front end and there are a few JavaScript errors that might be causing this issue, but I am not sure where they are coming from.

Would you perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account for me so that I can debug further to find a solution for you ASAP?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

W8TTS

Thanks, Dylan.

I’ll have to check with the committee people about the temporary admin account. They may just decide to not go with the options that the DataTables Buttons Extension provide. I’ll let you know.

Ted

Hi Ted,

Thank you. I really appreciate you keeping me updated.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Hi I’m also trying to import from a TablePress file. Is there anywhere I could find instructions on how to do this?

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Unfortunately, a TablePress file is not currently supported however if you are able to export that file into a CSV format and then simply modify the file to look something like our example files, you may be to import this information.

Please see demo files here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/exporting-and-importing-your-markers/

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.