Problem: Display of descriptions not formatted correctly, info window missing

New home Forums Pro Add-on Problem: Display of descriptions not formatted correctly, info window missing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    hgg

Hello,
    after updating to the current version of WP Google Maps (Version 7.11.02) and WP Google Maps Pro (Version 7.11.00) the list with the descriptions appears, but unfortunately it is not formatted correctly anymore (see screenshots).
    In addition, the info window is no longer displayed on the map.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    hgg
    This reply has been marked as private.
    hgg
    hgg
    Don

I had a similar problem after the update WP Google Maps (Version 7.11.02) and WP Google Maps Pro (Version 7.11.00).

It seems the CSS classes to format the advanced store finder table are not showing up.

Also, when you click on the table to select one of the store locations, there is no info box popup on the map, or marker highlight.

Can you fix this quickly, or rollback the update until this is resolved?

Thx

hgg

Hi Don,
    thanks for your answer.
    I have already reactivated the previous version – so currently I have no problem with the previous version. I hope, of course, that the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Perry

Hi there

We are working towards patching these issues this week, please bear with us on these,

Thank you for taking the time to report.

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg

Hi Perry,
    thanks a lot for info.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Don

I just updated to WP Google maps Pro to Version 7.11.01 and it seems to have fixed most of the issues.

Thanks to Perry and his colleagues for getting the patch out quickly!

However, there are still a few problems, and that is the sorting of the “Marker Listing Options -> Advanced table”.

1) I see added functionality to allow the user to sort on the column of their choice with the blue triangle at the top of the column. However, the initial sort seems to be hard coded to the first column, rather than using what was set in the Marking Listings Options page –> Order markers by: setting. I want the initial sort to be on “ID”, which isn’t displayed and thus can’t ever be sorted on with the new code.

2) I also experienced a freeze of the search function. The use case of first searching on an area, then using the search box below the map, if you type something in that results in no records found, the search locks up and never recovers.

Thx
    Don

hgg
    Perry

Hi Hans

The file at /wp-google-maps/js/v8/tables/datatable.js does not match the most recent version.

I assume either this is cached, or the update failed.

Can you please either re-download the basic plugin and re-install from https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-google-maps/ , or try disabling Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Developer Mode?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg

Hi Perry,
    thank you so much for your answer.
    Only after transferring all files via FTP and disabling Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Developer Mode it worked again.

Thanks again for your great support.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by hgg.
    hgg
    Perry

Hi Hans

That is because those strings are part of the dataTables library. They offer translations which we are looking to implement, in the mean time you would need to use a workaround.

I will look into fast tracking the dataTables translation libraries if that would help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

hgg

Hi Perry,
    thanks for answer.

I will look into fast tracking the dataTables translation libraries if that would help?

that would be great because I don’t want to update before.
    If possible, I can do the German translation. I am already PTE for WP Google Maps (german). If you send me the PO file (if this file exists for it), I can do that.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.