Preview before publish?

New home Forums Basic Version General queries Preview before publish?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rpmahony
    Participant

I’m new to managing our website and need to update our map info. The previous manager used google sheets to update the CSV info – I’m using Excel for Mac. In order to ensure I don’t upload garbage to our website, can I preview the results before publishing them to the web?

I’m attaching the updated CSV.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Steven

Hi @rpmahony,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

We usually suggest users make use of tools such as Google Sheets as Excel may incorporate some additional coding which can then cause the import to fail.

I have additionally taken a look at the CSV provided and everything does seem to be correct, so you should be able to import this without issue, however, you can also perhaps create an additional “import” map if you want to test the import first.

Basically, you can then select this test map for your import before import to your main map.

Kindly let me know if this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

rpmahony
    Participant

Thanks – You’ve answered the preview question. Here’s one more: the description fields are double-spacing the lines of text on my web page. Is that due to the Excel formatting or is my code incorrect in the description field?

See https://cppumps.com/contact/

Thanks again!

Steven

Hi @rpmahony,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Upon closer inspection, what seems to be occurring is that your description fields have
    tags after each line, however, in addition to this, the next line of text is on a new line so this is being recognized as a new line twice, so if I may suggest perhaps removing the
    tags and only making use of the new line?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

star-lordchord
    Participant

Thank you guys, this helped me a lot. I also had the same problem, and i was menage to fix it 🙂 [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress/]This be bbcode.org![/url]

• This reply was modified 2 days, 12 hours ago by star-lordchord.
    • This reply was modified 2 days, 12 hours ago by star-lordchord.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.