Polygons can't be edited or added in backend

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Polygons can't be edited or added in backend

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  evolv 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

seanBD

Hey there,

I recently reached out for help about hiding the city names on our map. I’m not sure if doing that fix/change is what caused the issue we are seeing right now but just in case, here’s the support post where we previously got help from you: https://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/hide-city-names/

Here is our map we’re having problems with: https://professional.barrondesigns.com/contact

The map on the website still works as we set it up. The polygons are still there and clickable.

But when we go into the wordpress backend and try to edit the map and edit the polygons (or add new ones) it doesn’t seem to let us do that. In the backend the map looks different/has a different theme maybe? And we don’t see any points for the existing polygons.

How can we edit the polygons and also add new ones? Any help is appreciated.

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm what versions of WP Google Maps you currently have installed?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

seanBD

Hey Steven,

I’m not exactly sure which versions we were running but when I went to check I saw there were updates available so I updated the plugin to V 8.0.8 and the pro add on to 8.0.9 and when that was all done we took a look and the map editing/polygon issue seems to have resolved itself.

Not sure what happened but for now it seems to be working. I will reach out again if we run into any more problems. Thanks!

seanBD

Actually, scratch that. We’re still having some minor issues.

We can now edit the polygon and save the new shape. But when we try to edit the Name or Title of the polygon it doesn’t let us and we get this error message: You cannot save a blank polygon

We figured out a sort of workaround but this seems like something that should be fixed.

When going in to edit a polygon (or it’s text content) the polygon coordinates are not appearing there. So that results in the “You cannot save a blank polygon” error. However, if we just adjust one of the points on the polygon and change the shape then the coordinates get filled in and we can successfully save it.

Is there any reason that the coordinates for the polygon are removed/missing when we open one to edit it? Any help on how to fix this?

Steven

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

Could I kindly ask if you are open to creating a temporary admin account for us to log into in order to further debug this issue?

If so, please navigate here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/ and create a support ticket with the required information.

Additionally, if you perhaps add a short screencast to that support ticket, this will be a great help in determining what may be causing this issue that is occuring on your site.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

[quote quote=55637]Actually, scratch that. We’re still having some minor issues.

We can now edit the polygon and save the new shape. But when we try to edit the Name or Title of the polygon it doesn’t let us and we get this error message: You cannot save a blank polygon

We figured out a sort of workaround but this seems like something that should be fixed.

When going in to edit a polygon (or it’s text content) the polygon coordinates are not appearing there. So that results in the “You cannot save a blank polygon” error. However, if we just adjust one of the points on the polygon and change the shape then the coordinates get filled in and we can successfully save it.
    ?[/quote]

I am having the same issue but with Polylines. If I try to make any changes to the polyline I get the error message: ‘You cannot save a blank polyline.’

seanBD

[quote quote=55651]Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

Could I kindly ask if you are open to creating a temporary admin account for us to log into in order to further debug this issue?

If so, please navigate here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/ and create a support ticket with the required information.

Additionally, if you perhaps add a short screencast to that support ticket, this will be a great help in determining what may be causing this issue that is occuring on your site.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer[/quote]

Thank you Steven. I will definitely do this but it may not be ready this week as I am doing a bit of traveling. I will create a support ticket and reach out again next week. Thanks.

Steven

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Not a problem at all.

Please do kindly let us know when you are available again as we are always eager to assist.

Do have a great week further.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

seanBD

Hey Steven,

Back in the office and was going to create an admin user for you as well as provide screenshots but it looks like the recent updates to the plugin have resolved the issue. When we open up polygons now the coordinates are filled in again, as they used to be.

So as of now this issue is resolved. Thanks for your help and attention.

Steven

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I am glad to hear you are no longer experiencing this issue.

Please do let us know if you have any other issues or questions as we are always eager to assist.

Do have a great weekend ahead.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

evolv

We also are having this issue. When we try to change a polygon’s line color it will not update for any or all of our map. This has been happening for quite some time even though we were successful at this in the past. As for updates, I should mention that we have WP Google Maps plugin at Version 8.0.10 and WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on at Version 6.41. Are these the latest? Couldn’t tell what each should be from your list of updates. Do we have Pro 8 and if so why is it not at 8.0.11? Why are we not getting flagged for updates in backend?

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch and our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience experienced.

We just recently released Version 8 of WP Google Maps which include a host of new features and security fixes. It currently looks like you do have the latest version of WP Google Maps Basic, however, with the Pro add-on, this is an entirely new major version as was with Version 7.
    You will need to update your Pro add on which you can do here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/purchase-professional-version/ In order to receive and then install the latest version of WP Google Maps V8 Pro.

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.