Please add method to remove Custom Marker

New home Forums Basic Version Please add method to remove Custom Marker

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jpatsios 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Eclipse360°

Hello,

We had several items with custom markers that were all the same so we switched to a category with marker icon. But now I want to remove the old ones as they’re different. I can only do this via database or by inspecting and updating the hidden input.

Would love a way to remove custom marker so it would just fall back to the default or the category icon.

Thanks

FIND US IN VICTORIA, BC
    CALL US AT 250.382.1103
    EMAIL US AT [email protected]

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch, and thanks for your feedback!

Which version of the Pro add on are you running please?

You should see a “Reset” button next to the marker icon in your marker panel, is that not the case?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Eclipse360°

Hi Perry,

I’m using;
    WP Google Maps 7.10.56
    Gold Add-on 4.08
    Pro Add-on 6.34

The issue is with individual markers as the reset isn’t present there. On marker categories, it’s present though.

So I think the reset behaviour just needs to be applied to markers. And correct me if I’m wrong but I believe those custom icons on individual markers is a Basic feature?

Thanks

FIND US IN VICTORIA, BC
    CALL US AT 250.382.1103

Perry

Hi there

Custom marker icons are supported through our Pro add-on – there is no support for custom icons in the basic plugin.

We’ll be implementing a reset button there as soon as possible, my apologies for any inconvenience caused. In the mean time, you could upload the default marker image from //maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/api-3/images/spotlight-poi2.png as a workaround.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Eclipse360°

Sorry seems the upload is broken right now so here they are via imgur;
    Marker Icon (Missing Reset link) – https://imgur.com/a/r8TUjqm
    Category Marker Icon ( w/ reset link) – https://i.imgur.com/dccLawY.png
    *Seems the two should match functionality wise.

FIND US IN VICTORIA, BC
    CALL US AT 250.382.1103

Eclipse360°

Thanks Perry,

Greatly appreciated, for now I’ve found inspecting and clearing the hidden input before save does a reset for me to return it to the category icon which sometimes changes.

I appreciate you pointing out that’s a pro feature and taking a look at applying it to the marker form.

Have a nice weekend,
    Cheers

FIND US IN VICTORIA, BC
    CALL US AT 250.382.1103

Perry

Hi there

We are working towards implementing a MarkerIconPicker module so that this functionality is consistent wherever these controls appear, please bear with us on that.

In the mean time we will be adding a reset button there as soon as possible so that it doesn’t become necessary to use the inspector. Thanks for letting us know on that – we will implement your method programatically moving forward.

Is there anything else we can help you with in the mean time?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Jpatsios

What is the ETA on adding the ability to reset individual markers? My client has gone in and added them individually to all locations, so it’s quite frustrating to have to change them everywhere when we update the look of the base icon.

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we haven’t added this feature yet, however you can use phpMyAdmin (or the WordPress plugin Database Browser) to run the following query, which will have the same effect:

UPDATE wp_wpgmza SET icon = “”

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.