Pinning locations

New home Forums Basic Version General queries Pinning locations

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am ashly a wordpress developer. One of my client needs pinning the google map and on clicking the pin should show some details. The main issue here is he is having more than one lakh locations in San Diego to be pinned. Is it possible to pin more than 1 lakh locations using your plugin. Because we are not sure how to deal with such a large amount of data. Please let me know if this is possible with your end.

Dylan

Hi Ashly,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to get in touch with us.

Unfortunately the large amount of markers you would like to display (100000) would most likely cause your server to run into resource limitation issues, as requesting so much marker data upon page load would surely cause even the most robust server to run into some processing limitations.

In an attempt to work-around this WP Google Maps supports loading markers via XML instead, as reading a file is usually much faster than reading from the database. Pairing this with our marker clustering (found in the Gold Add-on) may allow the markers to display, however I believe you will still run into issues with this solution.

The best solution I can think of at this moment is to use either a KML/KMZ file or alternatively to make use of Fusion Tables within the map. Both these solutions have a much higher threshold, and I would recommend trying the fusion table option first as it was developed, in a sense, for problems such as this one.

WP Google Maps Pro does support both KML/KMZ and Fusion Tables for marker data deliver, however please note that you will not be able to edit them using our internal editor. This is due to the fact that these data sources are not imported, but rather referenced within the map.

I hope this helps?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.