Pay once and never again

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating Pay once and never again

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Duncan 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

phil_mcglass

Well it’s a shame you haven’t always lived by this ethos.

I purchased the Developer edition in 2014 buying the top product to show my support for a relatively new plugin when others were available.

However I now find that you want another $99 to get the new version.

So much for loyalty to your existing supportive customers.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Phil

We will continue supporting version 5 (your current version), which we have been doing. All users from 2012 to 2015 received 5 major updates to the plugin for free. We have put an extensive amount of hours into version 6 and we also found that our business model was just simply not working. We receive over 100 emails a day from customers (free and paid) from 2012 up until now. All our time is spent answering support (we believe we provide the best support in our industry) and there was no time to push out updates and major functionality, hence the change in business model. The “pay once and never again” model still applies though – Your existing version will continue to function for as long as WP supports it. If there are any bugs or security exploits in version 5 we will patch them, but we made the decision that all new major features would be coupled into a new “major” release which can then be repurchased at a discounted price (50% off, as per our email in 2015) for existing customers. Please email me on nick [@] wpgmaps [dot] com so I may chat to you further about this. I truly appreciate your purchase in 2014 – please do get in touch with me via email.

Kind regards
    Nick

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.