Pagination for Mobile Devices

New home Forums Basic Version Pagination for Mobile Devices

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  per4manz 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

per4manz

Perhaps I am missing it, but is there an option to do drop-down pagination for mobile devices? The default pagination is just a horrible form of UX for mobile devices.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch, we do appreciate your time.

Unfortunately, this is not included in our current versions of the system. However, we will ensure we look into adding this in the near future.

In the meantime, would you be open to sharing a link to your website with me? I will then take a look at how we can assist you with some custom CSS to improve the controls on mobile devices.

Kind Regards,
    Dylan Auty

per4manz
    This reply has been marked as private.

per4manz

Please do. As you know, mobile devices will certainly be the primary method of web access in the near future and already is in many parts of the world. Therefore, devs absolutely must be considering mobile UX design of their products as a top priority.

I have privately sent you the link. However, while CSS may help some, I believe the functionality of the default pagination will never truly be mobile friendly, especially for sites like the one I am referencing that contain large numbers of locations in the DB.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your recommendation, we do completely agree.

I have added this to our development schedule and we will include a natively supported dropdown selection in the near future.

In the meantime, I believe the following CSS may help with navigation on mobile devices:

@media screen and (max-width: 800px){
        .paginate_button{
            display: block !important;
            background: #eee;
            margin-bottom: 5px;
        }

.ellipsis{
            display: block;
            background: #eee;
            margin-bottom: 5px;
        }
    }

Could I ask you to add this to your custom CSS section under Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Within the Custom CSS block?

Kind Regards,
    Dylan Auty

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dylan.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dylan.

per4manz

That is substantially better. Even solves the table overflow issue that I was going to bring up if I couldn’t address it myself.

I still would like to see a dropdown option for mobile, but understand that will have to wait for some dedicated coding.

Thank you very much!

PS – May want to sticky this for others looking for a cleaner mobile layout.

Dylan

Hi there,

Only a pleasure, so glad to hear that helped!

We will definitely look into adding the dropdown functionality in the very near future.

Thank you so much for your continued time and patience on this one. We really do appreciate it!

Have a great week further!

Kind Regards,
    Dylan Auty

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.