Open Marker InfoWindows question

New home Forums Gold Add-on General queries Open Marker InfoWindows question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  W8TTS 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

W8TTS

I currently have the “Open Marker InfoWindows” set to Hover. And once that InfoWindow is open you have to click on the “X”. Is there any way to set the Hover option to close when the cursor is moved away from the marker?

Thanks,

Ted

Perry

Hi Ted,

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

We’ve tried that before but with mixed results. The problem is, because the marker isn’t a HTML element, the infowindow isn’t a child element of the marker.

This means that if you implement the behaviour you’re describing, then when you move the mouse over any part of the infowindow, the mouseout event fires on the marker, which causes the infowindow to close.

Once the infowindow closes, the mouse is over the marker element which has just been revealed, causing the hover event to fire, which opens the infowindow. The mouse is then over the infowindow, so the mouseout event fires on the marker, closing the infowindow, which means the mosue is over the marker, and so on and so on and so on.

The end result of this is the infowindow rapidly opening and closing as you move the cursor around. I may look into a workaround in the future but at the moment to the best of my knowledge this isn’t possible, at least not with Google maps.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

W8TTS

Thanks, Perry

Not bad news. I was just hoping that it would work.

Ted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.