Open infowindow when focus on a specific marker

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Open infowindow when focus on a specific marker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Varappeurs

Hi,

I used your shortcode “wpgmza id=’1′ marker=’5′ zoom=’13′” to focus on a specific marker in a particular post and it worked well.

Now, I’d like to know if it’s possible to get the Infowindow automatically open for the focused marker ?

Thanks.

Perry

Hi Varappeurs,

Just below the map on the map edit page, click on “edit” to edit the marker in question. Once you’re editing that marker, set “InfoWindow open by default” to “Yes”, and the infowindow will be open when the map loads for that marker

Does that solve the problem?

Kind regards

Varappeurs

No it’s not exactly the problem, I’d like the Infowindow to open only when the marker is focused.

With the solution you’re proposing, the Infowindow is permanently open.

Do you have any clue for that?

Tell me if I’m not precise enough.

Thanks

Perry

Hi Varappeurs,

You mean you’d like the info window to start open but then close if the user moves the camera?

That is possible, but not without some pretty heavy customisation. Would you be able to wait a few weeks for the WP Google Maps Version 7 rollout? I’ve been making some significant changes to the code which would make what you’re trying to achieve much easier

If that’s not acceptable let me know where to find your site and I’ll make up some custom code to achieve that

Thank you
    – Perry (WP Google Maps – Support)

Varappeurs

Hi Perry,

Yes, this way is closer to what I mean.

To be precise : I have a general map on a page where a lot of marker will be added soon. Each marker has a link in the Infowindow to a single post describing the area of the marker. In every single posts, I add a smaller map using your shortcode “wpgmza id=’′ marker=’′ zoom=’′” to focus on the specific marker that was clicked on. Now, I’d like that focused marker to have is Infowindow open, so the user can identify the marker easily.

Anyway, it’s not that urgent and I can wait for the version 7.

Thank you very much for the quick answers!

Perry

Hi Varapperus,

Thanks for your patience, I’ve put this on the list of enhancements for Version 7, if I don’t get time to put this in on the initial update, then I’ll make sure it’s put in shortly afterwards

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.