Oops something went wrong

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating Oops something went wrong

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    liddydonovan

When u try to load a map I get the message oops something went wrong.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thanks so much for getting in touch with us. 🙂

It’s nice to hear from you!

Please send me a link to your website so that I can looking into this error for you?

I look forward to your response.

liddydonovan
    SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. 🙂

Unfortunately, however, I cannot seem to find the Map on your website. Are you perhaps seeing the “Oops something went wrong” in the back-end of the plugin?

If so, could I ask you to please Press F12 (in Chrome), click on the console tab and send me a screenshot?

The error received is most likely due to a Google Maps API error.

Thank you so much for your time, I look forward to getting this resolved for you as soon as possible!

liddydonovan

Yes I do believe that the problem is an api error. I loaded the free version then got the api key, then I decided to get the pro add on installed that and then tried to load the 1st map and couldn’t. I don’t see anywhere to check the api key or reset it. If you could explain how to do that it would be very helpful.

Thank you

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience on this.

A new API key can be created or retrieved n your Google Developer Console, as per our guide below:
    https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/

However, it might be that your refers just aren’t properly inserted, which can be checked as follows:
    https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/ensuring-your-referrers-are-properly-inserted/

In the WP Google Maps plugin itself, the API key can be found/inserted in your Maps –> Settings –>Advanced.

Does any of this help? 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.